• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If possible, a Back to Top button would be nice.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

There’s presumably a bug with the “bio” editing under ones profile. When I started writing in the bio text-field the text didn’t continue on the second line once the first line had been filled out, instead it just kept on being written behind the rest of the site, hidden. However, after some time it did start getting written on the second line, but that was first after 20 additional letters.

I’m using the latest version of Firefox.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

A “Go to first unread post” button for each thread would be really helpful! Smile

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Overall it looks great. Just a couple of things that are annoying me:

1) There isn’t enough differentiation between read and unread threads in the forum view. In the old forum, the unread threads were bold and stand out. In this one, the icon only has a slight shade difference. It would be great if the text would become much lighter and less bold for read threads as it becomes much easier to scan the page and ignore threads with no new posts.

2) Same thing with posts and post signatures. The default font size is same for both, and apart from a small horizontal line there is nothing much to differentiate them. Many times when scanning the posts, my eyes are drawn towards the signatures. It would be good if the signature used a much smaller font so that its easy to ignore when scanning posts.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 May 2012 04:57 PM

I have no idea what’s going on with the smileys. So far, at least Fien, tsa and I are affected. Now, I’m not Dutch, tsa is not obnoxious, so I’m not sure what the common factor is. Tongue

God, you’re funny, I’m gonna kill my obnoxious self laughing. And today I can see the smileys in posts. Adding them in the correct place by clicking is another matter, they only want to appear at the end of my reply. Unless I know the code of course.

Question: Is there supposed to be a list of smileys in PM as well?

BTW, happy birthday, Kurufinwe.  Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just found another thing to add to the ‘these things don’t work’ list:
When I send a PM it doesn’t appear in my “Sent” box. I sent a PM to myself to test if it arrives, and though it does appear in my inbox, my “Sent” box stayed empty.

BTW, hurray for the working smileys! Smile Smile Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

tsa - 21 May 2012 03:43 AM

I just found another thing to add to the ‘these things don’t work’ list:
When I send a PM it doesn’t appear in my “Sent” box. I sent a PM to myself to test if it arrives, and though it does appear in my inbox, my “Sent” box stayed empty.

I guess you have to tick the “store a copy in the sent messages folder?” box every single time you send a message. Should be a default option, IMNVHO.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Oh I think I missed that tickbox. But indeed, it should be a standard option IMANVHO Smile.

Edit: BTW you have to be a masochist to edit your posts on this forum using the iPhone. But that applies to other forums too so it’s probably a convention or something. Or Steve doesn’t like forums.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2003-09-15

PM

Personally I can’t stand it. Don’t hate me. Frown

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Kurufinwe - 19 May 2012 05:58 PM

games that don’t have articles (no preview, no review, etc.), that tab is disabled — and so you can’t access the related news posts.

FYI - Just fixed this. Thanks for reporting it.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Siddhi - 20 May 2012 11:45 PM

1) There isn’t enough differentiation between read and unread threads in the forum view.

Good point, I agree. The icons for unread threads are now a different color. (This may require refreshing the page or clearing your cache to see.)

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

Oh, and I also miss the thread page navigation on the top of the page.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

Marek - 20 May 2012 04:29 PM

Regarding the read/unread post tracking, we hear you, though please give us some time to look into this properly. We only became aware of this a few weeks ago, and all my time recently has gone into fixing bugs and trying to make sure the site wouldn’t explode this weekend. I know this place has been your online home for many years, but also know that I’ve been working on AG stuff regularly till midnight for a while now, so bear with me while we look at things to tackle next.

Fantastic news. All your hard work is admired… it’s a great update already. The site is top notch.

Now we can ‘work’ together fixing the niggles.

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet but the search filters on the Games page are misbehaving. If you select DS you only see games that have been published solely on the DS. For example, you don’t see the first three Ace Attorney games. I couldn’t make those three come up using any combination of the Platform filters.

Other than that… keep up the good work, guys!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TerminusEst - 21 May 2012 12:56 PM

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet but the search filters on the Games page are misbehaving. If you select DS you only see games that have been published solely on the DS. For example, you don’t see the first three Ace Attorney games. I couldn’t make those three come up using any combination of the Platform filters.

I can see them fine. But they’re at P, not A.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top