• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 05 September 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Since I covered Blown Away yesterday and mentioned this game, I figured I would post a shot from it today. The game is Panic in the Park (1995), a game about twin sisters fighting for possession of an amusement park.

The most interesting thing about this game to me is the presence of Michael Clarke Duncan in one of his earliest roles in the scene above. I wonder if anyone had any idea back then that he would one day get an Academy Award nomination (for The Green Mile). Sadly, he died last year at only 54 years old.

Anyway, I think I liked this game better than Blown Away simply because of the setting. I like amusement parks in video games. Interestingly enough, I wouldn’t go to one in real life though.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love Michael Clarke Duncan. It was so sad to see him die at such a young age. Even though I more often than not dislike FMV I think I’ll give this a try if it’s actually any good?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I learned about this game after rifling through the website of its designer, Howard A. Tullman who I looked up after playing another FMV game of his called Eraser Turnabout (Built specifically to take advantage of Intel’s MMX processor!).

The detail that really stuck with me about Eraser Turnabout was that the game’s dialogue was made up of old sayings, proverbs and idioms. I was certainly pleased when I visited Tullman’s website and found this page: http://www.howardtullman.com/wisdom/words_of_wisdom.html

I bought Panic in the Park shortly after and was never able to get it to run properly. I tried running the game a few years ago on a version of Windows 3.11 that works through DOSBOX but it still crashed. Shame, it’s like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 05 September 2013 12:04 AM

I love Michael Clarke Duncan. It was so sad to see him die at such a young age. Even though I more often than not dislike FMV I think I’ll give this a try if it’s actually any good?

The game is primarily a pre-rendered, 1st person slideshow game with occasional FMV scenes when you go to certain places in the game world. It contains mini-games that require dexterity and timing which some find annoying/frustrating, so it’s definitely not a game for everyone.

It does have many different endings though, which is somewhat unusual, but it basically just consists of the amusement park deed being hidden somewhere different each game and the person who hid it being randomized as well. Like a game of Clue, you have to figure out which of the many park employees is the thief each game.

As mentioned by thejobloshow, the game is very difficult to play all the way through for technical reasons. I’ve only been able to finish the game in Windows 3.11 installed in Virtual PC.

As for Michael Clarke Duncan, his role is very small and I don’t really think it’s worth all the trouble to play the game to see it when you can just watch it on Youtube

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top