• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Raven - Chapter Two

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

In the “Recent New Releases” section of this site and on other sites, it says that Chapter 2 was released yesterday (27) but I can’t find anywhere to download it. Does anyone know anything about it?

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I believe you have to unlock it and download from within Part 1. If you bought the first game from Steam then you already have bought parts 2 & 3 or so I have heard. Open up your Steam account, open up the game and it is suppose to automatically download the new content, part 2.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Thank you, GreyFuss! I forgot about that. The Raven on Steam does include the 3 chapters.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I hope there’s a recap at the beginning, because I absolutely can’t remember what happened in Chapter 1.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve been playing a little bit, and I really don’t get why they put the chapter break where they did. I mean, you spend 10 minutes on the boat, half of which are devoted to questioning you about the details of stuff that happened in chapter 1 (and which I had mostly forgotten), and then you move on to a new location. Why not have the chapter break there?

Anyway, despite the frustrating first section (the short part before all the questions is even more annoying), I’m glad to get back to the game. Smile

(... and sorry for the double post)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 28 August 2013 01:05 PM

I’ve been playing a little bit, and I really don’t get why they put the chapter break where they did. I mean, you spend 10 minutes on the boat, half of which are devoted to questioning you about the details of stuff that happened in chapter 1 (and which I had mostly forgotten), and then you move on to a new location. Why not have the chapter break there?

Anyway, despite the frustrating first section (the short part before all the questions is even more annoying), I’m glad to get back to the game. Smile

Started playing it, I agree, they could have ended the first chapter after the reading of the letter and it would still have been a cliffhanger and a better resolution for the first chapter mystery.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Kurufinwe - 28 August 2013 01:05 PM

I’ve been playing a little bit, and I really don’t get why they put the chapter break where they did.

The next chapter break is no better. Makes it very obvious how chapter 3 will start though.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Dale - 29 August 2013 01:18 PM

The next chapter break is no better. Makes it very obvious how chapter 3 will start though.

I’ve just finished the chapter, and I agree that the non-ending felt very anticlimactic. It’s clear that the game was not designed as episodic (contrary to, say, Telltale’s games), and it doesn’t work as such. If there are people reading this thread who are still on the fence, I recommend they wait until the third episode has been released before playing the game; it should feel much more satisfying this way.

On the whole, the chapter felt a bit short and disappointing, although I liked the big twist in the middle. It very much looks like, as someone had predicted in the thread for chapter 1, Zellner, not Inch, will turn out to be the original Raven, and by the end of the game he’ll recognize Adil (who shares his work ethic) as his real “heir”. Hence the game will have been about playing both Ravens, etc.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-11

PM

Kurufinwe - 31 August 2013 09:49 AM

It very much looks like, as someone had predicted in the thread for chapter 1, Zellner, not Inch, will turn out to be the original Raven, and by the end of the game he’ll recognize Adil (who shares his work ethic) as his real “heir”. Hence the game will have been about playing both Ravens, etc.

That’s rather improbable, but I’d prefer it over the ending the game seems to be headed for based on chapter 2. The second part was a huge letdown for me compared to the great part 1—it took slightly over 2 hours to finish, had zero optional content, about four puzzles in total, and as far as I can tell, the ID of the Raven was only foreshadowed in chapter 2, not chapter 1. It makes me think that they hadn’t even nailed down who exactly the thief would be until part 2.

For some reason I was also under the impression that we’d be playing the Inspector for part 2, so what we got instead felt like a bit of a bum deal.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Slightly dissapointed in this episode.

Like it was said before the episodic structure was obviously tacked on to allow them to complete the game, the breaks are in no way natural. If you are going to be the other character for the rest of the game then it would have made more sense to split the game in two not three episodes.

Also resuming the game after completing episode one doesn’t automatically load up episode two which is just wrong. You need to go to new game and select episode two.

Seemed too short and a bit of a filler episode.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Reading the impressions, I think I’ll wait for the 3rd episode release to play the rest of this one. Only 1 month.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-11

PM

wilco - 01 September 2013 09:56 AM

Only 1 month.

I really hope they push it back.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top