• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

memento mori error problem

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-08-21

PM

hi friends im new here.

most of the times when i play memento mori,at some point in the game,it crashes and returns to windows saying cp exception handler with some numbers and codes etc.somethimes it crashes at the intro screens and i cant even enter the game.the cutscenes have problems too.the upper part of the screens is normal but the buttom part of the screen shows black. does anybody else experienced this problem??

i use win xp btw.

thanks in advance! Smile

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-08-21

PM

hasnt anyone played this game??

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

ercan01 - 23 August 2013 06:22 PM

hasnt anyone played this game??

Yes but personally I never had any problems with it, so I cant really help you.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you wanna overcome this or waste you time trying to fix this issue ..  yea MM had some compatibility problems
but i advice you download ALL the Game (Saves Files) and enjoy the rest of it .. 
http://www.savemygame.fr/en/pc/m/pc-memento-mori-savegame.html

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m having some weird issues with this too. The cutscenes only show half of the scene. And by half, I mean half the screen. The bottom half of the video works fine, the top half is just black throughout the scene.

Strange huh?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-03-15

PM

I am playing this game now too and not having the above issues but am having trouble controlling my mouse - have tried to change the setting but no help.  Also the game seems to run slowly.  There doesn’t seem to be a setting for graphics quality which has helped this kind of issue with other games

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-07-02

PM

Exclude the game folder from your antivirus ,i think securom protection is built into the games exe file.
So it could poss. be causing probs.

Also try lowering all “game” settings to lowest value.
————————————————

Tip from other gamers:
Immediately after you press play, press Alt+Enter - this should place the game in a windowed mode. If you can continue to the point that you’re able to see the Game Options, try adjusting the screen size to something less than your desktop resolution (and make sure the refresh rate is set to 60 while you’re at it).

———————————————————————————————————————
pressing alt+ent made the game start in SAFE mode which allowed access to the options menu. i actually had to increase the resolution to 1024x768 and it works perfectly
—————————————————————————-
if u are getting CPAL3D errors,check if u have K-lite codec pack installed,if u do ,uninstall it coz it’s known to conflict with the game engine.
OR
go to game folder and right click on icon that reads “MEMENTO-090808102950” and “Run as administrator.
It might take a few tries ,but has worked for some people.

Make sure the “ProtectDisc” driver(which is in the games exe file) is installed with elevated administrator privileges.

I keep my U.A.C turned off,(i have good antivirus program)though i wouldn’t recommend that ,if you’re not confident about your computer knowledge!

Final note:The CPAL3D game engine is known to cause probs. on some peoples computer setups and sometimes there’s no clear answer to fix it.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-03-15

PM

Thanks for all the tips.  Changing the screen resolution worked - I had to change it to 800x600 though.  Going to keep all the other tips anyways for future problems I may encounter.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top