• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 24 August 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I thought The Gene Machine (1996) was a pretty good game. It’s kind of a spoof on the stories of Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, et al., and the English aristocracy. It’s not a classic, but definitely worth playing for those that like comedic, cartoon adventure games in my opinion.

The above scene shows the main character’s reaction to the pub’s special drink for working men, of which he is not…

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

It look like my style. I’ve heard of it, but looked into it. I wonder how I can play this.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I remember struggling to get this game to run many, many years ago. Does it run on win8 in any way?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

The Gene Machine is a DOS game and runs just fine in DOSBox 0.74 (I just checked). Hence, it should work on every platform DOSBox runs on.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Question: Does the drink do that to everyone, or only to people who are not “working men”?  Gasp

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Zifnab - 26 August 2013 02:40 AM

Question: Does the drink do that to everyone, or only to people who are not “working men”?  Gasp

The game doesn’t show anyone else drinking it so I don’t know for certain, but the implication seems to be that only “real” men can handle it, so I assume it only affects those who aren’t such in that manner. It’s described as some sort of fermented cider if I recall correctly.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top