• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that… uh, game

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

In the spirit of “changes”, I’ve been doing some cleaning and tidying up of my old text files, and I’ve stumbled upon some older message (sometimes, usually when it’s a longer message I want to post, I write it in the text editor first). It was apparently a “review” of some game I wanted to post (but haven’t posted), but it took me good 5 minutes to figure out which game it was

So, here’s the idea - the one who guesses it, gets to “describe” the next game (in whatever way he/she pleases). It doesn’t have to be this long (I wanted to put this text to a good use finally ) - it can be one or few sentences long, and not a review but more of a “riddle” - see “Name the Game” on Gameboomers as a reference. So yeah, it’s not a highly original idea, mind you (look at it as a “IF” version of AG Scene thread Grin), but it can also serve as a nice follow-up to the “Amazon” thread. Without further ado, the text:

...once you click on a remote door to open it, the character will comment that it is “too far” and won’t open them until you move closer - it would be much easier as if he/she had just moved closer by himself/herself. The other annoying thing is that I can’t seem to catch the pattern of when I’m allowed to skip the sentence and when I’m not.

...I actually enjoy his/her voice, it’s your-typical adventure game main character’s voice, although it is true that he/she doesn’t sound THAT shocked and terrified at the beginning, as it would seem appropriate.

I’ll post more if not guessed.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I remember a discussion about this door issue somewhere, but I don’t remember the game.  Was it Syberia?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Still Life 2?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nope, but there’s something in those two guesses of yours that is neatly on the right track. It’s older than both Still Life 2 and Syberia. Few more hints:

...You can walk whilst holding an object, but again, you can’t use it on something which is not near, just like in Machinarium.

...automated walking up and down the stairs can prove troublesome.

Graphics remind me of Diablo… I also like how cinematics pop-up on cruical places, like between the chapters.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

a wild Guess ... Zelda ?!
Legend of Zelda

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nope, it’s a point and click adventure from the second half of 90s. Highly regarded, too.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 20 May 2012 08:37 PM

...automated walking up and down the stairs can prove troublesome.

Graphics remind me of Diablo… I also like how cinematics pop-up on cruical places, like between the chapters.

Sanitarium !!!!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s right! Still Life 2 and Syberia both start with a “S” Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

and they were both played with a Female Hero, and that is why i thought of Zelda 1st Smile)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Your turn Advie Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well .... I am not good at describing Things Plus i dont have any certain Adventure in my mind right now…

so i take your Permission diego to pass this time, and you go for another shot.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There’re 3 “worlds” in this game - good, evil and chaotic

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you mean : Arcadia ,magic and Stark ?!!

sorry but i cant help myself   Cry

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No, that’s not it. At one point of the game, the “good world” becomes “evil”.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Is it The Whispered World?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Good try, but no. It is 2D hand-painted game though, and older than TWW.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top