• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 14 August 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Here we have a shot of the school mascot getting rammed into a goal post in Beavis and Butt-Head Do U (1998). I’m not really much of a fan of the show, but the game was alright. Or at least I think it was. It’s been a while…

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I don’t remember the game looking this much like something done in Paint. Oh well, I guess nostalgia makes everything seem better.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I bought and played this one mostly because I never got a chance to play the full version of Virtual Stupidity and I have fonder memories of playing the demo to VS than going through Do U. Don’t remember a lot of laughs here outside of standard cornholio antics.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I remember this game as being short and fun, but ultimately forgettable.
Like thejobloshow says: the only laughs I remember were standard Cornholio antics.

Still, there are worse ways to spend an afternoon, I guess…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Never been a big beavis and Butthead fan, but Office Space and Idiocracy are absolutely brilliant. Mike Judge should do more movies! (and games…)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Huh, I don’t remember this scene. I enjoyed the game. Virtual Stupidity was probably better, but ‘Do U’ is still worth a purchase if you like B&B.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 13 August 2013 11:01 PM

I don’t remember the game looking this much like something done in Paint. Oh well, I guess nostalgia makes everything seem better.

Well, it looks just like the show. Which also looks like it was done in paint Smile

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’d say the graphics in Virtual stupidity was closer to the Tv-show than they’re in Do-U. In Do-U, the colors are much more, ehm.. colorful than the show^^ Also, Virtual stupidity was a far superior game (imo), and one of the greatest adaptations from a tv-show in the genre.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dag - 15 August 2013 09:20 AM

Virtual stupidity was a far superior game (imo), and one of the greatest adaptations from a tv-show in the genre.

Adding to the significance of that statement: it’s said by the guy with Duckman as an avatar. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

TimovieMan - 17 August 2013 07:17 AM

Virtual stupidity was a far superior game (imo), and one of the greatest adaptations from a tv-show in the genre.

Adding to the significance of that statement: it’s said by the guy with Duckman as an avatar. Thumbs Up

Smile

And the Duckman game is also a truly great adaptation from a Tv-show. Did you ever get to play it Tim? I remember you saying that you’d put it on your “to-do-list” quite some time ago.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’d say the graphics in Virtual stupidity was closer to the Tv-show than they’re in Do-U. In Do-U, the colors are much more, ehm.. colorful than the show^^ Also, Virtual stupidity was a far superior game (imo), and one of the greatest adaptations from a tv-show in the genre.

The show wasn’t even that good. The games were much more entertaining. Maybe Mike Judge had grown up by then. I also enjoyed the Beavis and Butthead movie far more than the show, can’t remember what it was called, something with America in the title.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dag - 17 August 2013 07:26 AM

And the Duckman game is also a truly great adaptation from a Tv-show. Did you ever get to play it Tim? I remember you saying that you’d put it on your “to-do-list” quite some time ago.

It’s on there, and it’s pretty high up (right after Virtual Stupidity even). But my pace is so slow, and the list is so long that it’ll take a while to get to it, though… Meh

Zifnab - 17 August 2013 07:49 AM

I also enjoyed the Beavis and Butthead movie far more than the show, can’t remember what it was called, something with America in the title.

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America Wink

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The show wasn’t even that good. The games were much more entertaining. Maybe Mike Judge had grown up by then. I also enjoyed the Beavis and Butthead movie far more than the show, can’t remember what it was called, something with America in the title.

You have a point. I allways liked the show, but was never the biggest fan, but Virtual Stupidity is one of my favourite non-lucas adventures from the nineties. Beavis and Butt-Head Do America was more enjoyable than the show, I agree, and when the show was revived in 2011 with an all new season, I felt it had matured somewhat (can the word “mature” even be used in a Beavis&Butthead; context? Tongue ) and their comments on the new music videos was hilarious.

TimovieMan - 17 August 2013 09:37 AM

It’s on there, and it’s pretty high up (right after Virtual Stupidity even). But my pace is so slow, and the list is so long that it’ll take a while to get to it, though… Meh

Hehe, take your time. Rushing through games would only dampen your enjoyment of them Wink

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

TimovieMan - 17 August 2013 09:37 AM

I also enjoyed the Beavis and Butthead movie far more than the show, can’t remember what it was called, something with America in the title.

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America Wink

That’s the one. Loved that movie.

“Fly with meeee, lesbian seagull”  Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Time seems to have clouded my memory a little. Now it seems like I was a bigger Beavis and Butt-Head fan than I in reality ever was.

Let’s blame the movie and the games for that, since those are better than the show. I thought the film was surprisingly good, I enjoyed the demo of Virtual Stupidity back in the day, and I enjoyed this game. Tongue

Now that I’ve finally played Virtual Stupidity in its entirety, I thought I’d replay this, for an extra dose of juvenile idiocy.

Alas, after hours of trying, I give up.

I can’t get the game to run in Windows 10. Compatibility mode is useless for 16-bit games on a 64-bit system, and the furthest I’ve gotten with a virtual machine is getting the game to run without sound and with a glitchy, uncontrollable mouse cursor.
No Do U. replay for me… Frown

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 11 March 2019 08:11 AM

I can’t get the game to run in Windows 10. Compatibility mode is useless for 16-bit games on a 64-bit system, and the furthest I’ve gotten with a virtual machine is getting the game to run without sound and with a glitchy, uncontrollable mouse cursor.
No Do U. replay for me… Frown

When I was trying to get Black Dahlia to work, I learnt about dgVoodoo2 and DxWnd, which do a great job of getting old Windows games to run on modern computers. I found dgVoodoo2 easier to use, but I see that DxWnd has a pre-built profile for Beavis & Butthead Do U, so it might be what you’re looking for.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top