• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ron Gilberts new adventure game The Cave announced

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

zane - 24 May 2012 10:41 PM

its just an observation based on what little we’ve seen O_O
Nobody said “this plays exactly like trine.” Just has some visual similarities.
Who knows how the switching works exactly, but all the articles i saw gave the impression it was trine-ish. Such as pcworld:

Since the game requires you to go spelunking with a custom team of three characters (though not all at once; you can switch between them at will)

Very well could be that they stay on screen with AI though, not sure.

Makes sense, but I’m not basing it off of visuals, but more so the gameplay shown. Grin I really can’t wait to see an official gameplay video, but based off of first opinions, it will be more like Limbo than the more action-based Trine.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Might be based on ‘Hollow Earth’ folk lore, by the sounds of it!

(There’s always that distinct possibility I’ve over-analysed the trailer a little too much. Tongue)

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

An interview with Ron from E3 is now up.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I liked Trine a lot, but this The Cave brings me bittersweet memorires of Vessel, which I thought was decidedly average. I hope (actually, I know) Gilbert can do better.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ll be previewing this for AG very soon, but to answer a couple of questions raised in this thread - one, yes you switch between the three characters while you’re playing (in fact it’s a necessity), and two, Ron considers Limbo a big influence for the game in general, but not for the gameplay itself (not for the types of puzzles you’ll encounter, I mean).

More details coming to the front page of AG soon. Smile

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

*Facepalm* the Cave/Ron was at E3. Why didn’t I connect the dots sooner when that little bell rung in my head when I saw ‘the Cave’ logo. Damn it. Oh well. Wish I was going all three days.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Oscar - 06 June 2012 07:55 AM

I liked Trine a lot, but this The Cave brings me bittersweet memorires of Vessel, which I thought was decidedly average. I hope (actually, I know) Gilbert can do better.

Hmm I was actually looking forward to Vessel after seeing the previews. Which part of it was a let down?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Siddhi - 06 June 2012 11:03 PM
Oscar - 06 June 2012 07:55 AM

Hmm I was actually looking forward to Vessel after seeing the previews. Which part of it was a let down?

It was just a series of all-too-similar variations on the same idea. It seemed like they came up with a way of simulating fluid dynamics and decided to use it as the basis of a game. Some people might enjoy that but I found it boring.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

AG’s preview of The Cave is up! http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/21426

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The first podcast is up!

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top