• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Foods & Adventures

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Is there a food that reminds you of a certain game? I’ll start with a few:

Whenever I take a bottle of vinegar, I think of Day of the Tentacle Grin Lately, olive oil reminds me of The Whispered World. Peanuts evokes memory of Toonstruck, and of course, bananas of Monkey Island (but also chicken Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Let’s see…

Gingerbread Men - Still Life
Chocolate - Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon. I think this game made me love chocolate even more, if that’s possible.
Honeycomb - King’s Quest V. I love honeycomb but only this type, not the stuff you squeeze on the ground to catch pixies.
Stew - Simon the Sorcerer (Swampy!)
Burgers - Space Quest (Working at Monolith Burger in Space Quest IV should have turned me off eating these things but strangely it didn’t) Smile

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

I was hoping this was going to be a recipe thread, along the lines of http://retrowaretv.com/cooking-4-gamers-sonic-the-hedgehog-green-hill-calzone-rerez/

Would love to eat a faux-Monolith burger:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

EATING that bean dip at LSL7 made me allergic to any kind of beans , no beans for me anymore literally .

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Funny question! Laughing

Beans - Broken sword 2
Tofu, cheese - MI 3
Pizza - QfG 2
Macaroni - willy beamish
Spaghetti - Dott
Cheese - kyrandia 3

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Tofu, cheeze and bananas have Monkey Island written all over them, some people even eat monkeys (that’s how the HIV-virus first transmitted to humans) so I guess monkeys are food and monkeys remind me of Monkey Island. As do chickens (rubber ones in particular, though they’re usually not recommended for eating), eggs, green jelly, lemon(head)s, pineapples and fireflies (are they edible? I’m sure they are! I’d certainly eat one to prove myself right).

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Grog and Tofu remind me of Monkey Island. No other foods really make me think of specific games.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I agree with grog -> MI and vinegar -> DotT.

I don’t have a lot of food associations, probably because food and eating usually have such a minor role in games. Both the grog and vinegar were a crucial part of particularly memorable puzzles.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

millenia - 08 August 2013 06:18 AM

I agree with grog -> MI and vinegar -> DotT.

I don’t have a lot of food associations, probably because food and eating usually have such a minor role in games.

Heh, play the Kyrandia games. Half the inventory is edible and half the puzzles involve concocting some food, drink or potion. I think the developers had some kind of strange obsession with food.

Fish cream sandwiches… mmmm!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 August 2013 10:21 PM

Grog and Tofu remind me of Monkey Island. No other foods really make me think of specific games.

Ditto

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Chocolate: CCS
Merlot: AVS
Banana, Tofu, chicken: MI
Birthday cake: Portal

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

~Gunge, a particularly adhesive oatmeal-like substance, from The Feeble Files
~The ultimate chocolate, as has been mentioned, from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
~Pistachios, chicken, with and without mustard sauce, and a Titanic Titillator, made from lemon, puréed starling, and a crushed television, from Starship Titanic

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top