• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 03 August 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

This screenshot from Secrets of the Luxor (1996) is from the latter part of the game when you visit the dystopian future that Osiris has brought about. The picture depicts one of the humorous products he has created. The game has some good puzzles and I definitely enjoyed it.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Where are you? I’ve got the Saturday SOTD and it isn’t even 10P Friday in my neck of the woods.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I really liked playing Secrets of the Luxor.  The puzzles were good, and it’s one of the few games in which dying is fun because it returns the player to the pre-fatal spot to try again.  It’s also very inventive in the myriad ways death comes, so I tried everything to see what would happen.

Edited for spelling.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

rtrooney - 02 August 2013 10:41 PM

Where are you? I’ve got the Saturday SOTD and it isn’t even 10P Friday in my neck of the woods.

I’m an American (by accident of birth, not choice), but on a forum visited by people from all over the (primarily western) world, the most sensible time to go by, to me anyway, is UTC. By that standard, the SotD is posted somewhere between 1:00-3:00am on that given date.

The other reason is simply that it’s the most convenient time for me. I don’t want to stay up until after midnight every day to simply make fellow forum visitors in my specific time zone happy, nor will I wake up early before work to post it the following morning, which means that if I don’t post the SotD when I do, it wouldn’t appear until 24 hours later. That would mean that Americans wouldn’t see the SotD until quite late in the evening and most Europeans would already be asleep and wouldn’t see it until the following day.

So if you are American, you will always get to see the SotD a few hours or so early depending on your time zone. Or you could disregard everything I just said and pretend I’m from the UK or something.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 August 2013 11:10 AM

I really liked playing Secrets of the Luxor.  The puzzles were good, and it’s one of the few games in which dying is fun because it returns the player to the pre-fatal spot to try again.  It’s also very inventive in the myriad ways death comes, so I tryed everything to see what would happen.

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the dying! That was one of the best parts of the game. I wish more adventures were like that. Dying should be fun and rewarding, not punishing. Too many developers forget that in adventure games that feature death.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Bastich - 03 August 2013 12:14 PM

Dying should be fun and rewarding, not punishing. Too many developers forget that in adventure games that feature death.

If you have to complete a whole sequence again after dying, it’s just a developer’s way to stretch the game out…..like backtracking.

I really liked this game and would recommend it highly.  It’s fun.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top