• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Great atmospheric ag soundtracks

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

After reading the thread about the soundtrack of Resonance where Gray Matter was mentioned I began youtubing about it and some of them were breathtaking.

Gray Matter had a great soundtrack,some of the tracks were incredibly atmospheric.So much so that I began to remember all those places I got to visit when playing the game and how immersed I was.An incredible feeling.

Another soundtrack I adore is the soundtrack of Scratches.Cellar of Rats really made a masterpiece there.Especially in the 3rd track(called The House,in Dust) which is hauntingly beautiful(to steal Ted Mosby’s words Tongue).

Or maybe Barrington Pheloung’s Ubu Atmosphere piece played by our beloved Lady Piermont.Or the part of the violinist in the Irish Pub in Lochmarne.

This is a thread about the music artists in the genre who don’t get as much attention as the creators of the games do.So give us your favourite soundtrack piece.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m going to pick one from left field and say that the soundtrack to Torin’s Passage is vastly underrated.

It uses very smooth, simple synths to create an atmosphere that makes the player feel like they’ve stumbled upon a world that’s alien to them.

C-c-c-check it out:

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

My favourites would be the soundtracks for Syberia 1 and 2 - really lovely.

Also, even though it’s not strictly an ‘adventure game’, the soundtrack for Dear Esther is wonderful.

And finally, seeing as there’s a thread for it here ....... the soundtrack for Amnesia: The Dark Descent is incredibly effective.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

guys feel free to post specific track names.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Anekbah Theme - one of my favourite tracks. Very atmospheric, makes you feel lost in a big cold futuristic city.

Sanitarium, The Innocent Abandoned - a wonderful horror melody of movie quality from not so horrific game.

Pathologic, Menu - different kind of horror, different music. The game itself might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the soundtrack is definitely worth listening to.

Dune - the whole soundtrack is of highest quality. Some of the best uses of Adlib.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

well… hard to say only few examples. they are countless. but the tracks that comes to my mind now are

Gemini Rue - Another Day’s Work the whole OST is really impressive, but this one just pushed me deep into the game. I love this noir nostalgic feel

Discworld Noir - Track 3 - talking about noir, here is Samael. The king of the piano and the bad mood

Grim Fandango - Hi Tone Fandango - No place like Rubacava.

The Longest Journey - Dragon - One of the tracks from the jukebox. It sums up all my impression of the game, especially Stark

Machinarium - By the wall - One of the best qualities of all Amanita’s games is the sound design. This magic atmosphere they create would be nothing without it. The whole soundtrack is a masterpiece. If you like it check the other stuff of Tomas Dvorak. He goes by the name Floex.

Botanicula - Bunky - The same words go here. Before the release of the game I felt betrayed that Tomas Dvorak won’t make the ost of Botanicula but after playing the game I think the group DVA totally blew Tomas away. Maybe their music is quite strange, surreal and psychedelic for some people but I’ve checked all their albums and I’m really loving them.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I knew EXACTLY what track from Discworld Noir you linking to when you said ‘track 3’. Those piano pieces carry the whole soundtrack, I love it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Seriously Leisure Suit Larry 3 Soundtrack had been always stuck in my eays for years until now, i am not talking about the Great Main theme of The games,which is from my point view qualifies to the Impact of Pink panther’s famous Theme .

That theme at the start , gave me the exact feeling of Larry is lost his dreams after is marriage at the end of LSL2

and maybe some people would wonder how this idea would go with Larry games anyway , but who Played LSL3 will understand my Point .

That is main theme of MoS ... and all the themes in the game just gave me Goose Bumps while i was playing it had Great atmospheric Sound tracks that goes right good with the way the Game had Showed The Corrupted and Damaged Future

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

badlemon - 19 June 2012 07:50 AM

well… hard to say only few examples. they are countless. but the tracks that comes to my mind now are

Gemini Rue - Another Day’s Work the whole OST is really impressive, but this one just pushed me deep into the game. I love this noir nostalgic feel

Discworld Noir - Track 3 - talking about noir, here is Samael. The king of the piano and the bad mood

Grim Fandango - Hi Tone Fandango - No place like Rubacava.

The Longest Journey - Dragon - One of the tracks from the jukebox. It sums up all my impression of the game, especially Stark

Machinarium - By the wall - One of the best qualities of all Amanita’s games is the sound design. This magic atmosphere they create would be nothing without it. The whole soundtrack is a masterpiece. If you like it check the other stuff of Tomas Dvorak. He goes by the name Floex.

Botanicula - Bunky - The same words go here. Before the release of the game I felt betrayed that Tomas Dvorak won’t make the ost of Botanicula but after playing the game I think the group DVA totally blew Tomas away. Maybe their music is quite strange, surreal and psychedelic for some people but I’ve checked all their albums and I’m really loving them.

The Gemini Rue tune totally reminds me of the love theme from Chinatown:

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

rottford - 19 June 2012 09:35 PM

The Gemini Rue tune totally reminds me of the love theme from Chinatown:

yep, you can see a connection there…
My personal analogy is this episode of samurai jack. It has the same neo-noir/sci-fi taste as gemini rue. I recommend it to any fan of the genre.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I see nobody has mentioned either The Dig or To the Moon yet.

The Dig is imo one of the most atmospheric AGs ever made, and the atmosphere is mostly due to Michael Land’s soundtrack.

And To the Moon’s piano music is just beautiful: For River.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

It didn’t have an extensive soundtrack that I recall, preferring ambient sounds, but the amazing Blade Runner game used Vangelis’ stunning Blade Runner Blues track when McCoy stepped out on to his balcony…

Never understood why this game isn’t ranked higher on lists of AG classics, its choice & consequences system is still the most elaborate I’ve seen in an AG.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Stuart - 20 June 2012 05:17 PM

It didn’t have an extensive soundtrack that I recall, preferring ambient sounds, but the amazing Blade Runner game used Vangelis’ stunning Blade Runner Blues track when McCoy stepped out on to his balcony…

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
Info: Rutger Hauer with heard the (Original) Sound Track of Vangelis , From Ridley Scott back then ,he said exactly this (before even start shooting his parts) “this going to be a Hell of a movie) ... even Phlip Dick (the master of Paranoia) was extremely excited too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top