• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Adventure or Non-Adventure?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Rope or sword? Wits or fists? Thinking or jumping? Rubber chicken with a pull… ok, ok, that’s enough stereotypes for one day! What you see is 28 (plus one bonus) paired screenshots - one of them is the adventure, and the other one is from a non-adventure game. Your job is to guess which one is which!

Rules:

1. Guesses via PM only. You can just write which one is the adventure game, like 1-a, 2-b, 3-a… and so on.
2. Bonus screenshots group hides 2 adventure games out of 5!
3. The quiz will last for two days! (or longer if needed)
4. Don’t cheat, because I’ll know it! (not really, but you’ll feel bad about it Tongue)

Disclaimer: Genre differences are a touchy area, but let me just say in advance that all of the “adventure” ones either appear in the AG game database, or are tagged as “adventure” at MobyGames, and the “non-adventure” are not listed as straight adventures.

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

24. (free song)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

a)

b)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bonus:

a)

b)

c)

d)

e)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 29 July 2013 12:23 PM

24.[/url])

a)

Meh

You’re a very strange guy, diego

(but aren’t we all Tongue)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Interesting screenshots Smile
Sent my (mostly random) answers.
Will be interested in seeing which games some of those screenshots belong to.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As well as which pic is the AG diego do you also need the name of the game?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 29 July 2013 01:50 PM

I hope not, that would invalidate my 75% wild guesses Smile
(I love quizzes were you have a 50% chance simply by guessing)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Great quiz, Diego!

Zifnab - 29 July 2013 12:31 PM

I’m even stranger - I used to carve a penguin on that fat guy’s belly.

What a pain in the lower back that (timed!!!!) puzzle was!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

whenever i see i am being tricked to believe its an adventure i believe it is not ...hmmm ....Damned !!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 29 July 2013 01:50 PM

Not this time. I’ve thought it would be interesting to include the adventure “hunch” also, like for example, at one screenshot you can see the minor spoiler typical adventure “feature”” that will distinguish itself from its pair.

You can still send them for off the record of course, like some folks already did.

Advie - 29 July 2013 04:56 PM

whenever i see i am being tricked to believe its an adventure i believe it is not ...hmmm ....Damned !!

Like Iznogood said, you have 50% chance of getting it right, so shoot anyway! Tongue

p.s. BTW, I forgot to tell you, but that seems obvious - you can guess each pair only once, and that’s why I won’t be sending the usual “confirmation PMs”. (but if majority of people want confirmation right away, I can do that, too) When the time is up, I’ll tell how many points you’ve earned, and reveal the answers. So, you can change your mind for some of the guesses any time if you wish.

Zifnab - 29 July 2013 12:31 PM

Guilty as charged! Although, don’t shoot the messenger quizmaster. Sarcastic

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One important thing - when I said most of these games appear on Mobygames as “adventure”, that doesn’t mean they appear necessarily ONLY as “adventure”. But each of the adventures in the quiz are reviewed/featured in the database at least at one popular and relevant adventure site, like AG or Just Adventure.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That’s a fun quiz. I have to give it a try. Is it sad that I almost only recognize the screenshots from the non-adventure games?

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Someone has to come in last. I’ll save everyone else the trouble.
It was really fun though.  Thumbs Up

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, since I’ve been prowling the databases recently for a certain upcoming tournament, I recognized more games than I thought I would.  The rest were (hopefully) educated guesses.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Diego , Plz tell me again about Correcting (resending) our guesses to you !!

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

RayB - 29 July 2013 07:59 PM

Someone has to come in last. I’ll save everyone else the trouble.

Hehe, we’ll see about the wooden spoon… A fun little quiz, Diego. Great job finding such nice matching screenshots Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 29 July 2013 10:28 PM

Diego , Plz tell me again about Correcting (resending) our guesses to you !!

You can change your mind about any of the guesses you sent until the quiz ends! That’s because I’m not sending the usual confirmation for your guesses until the very end!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top