• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

In the Love of Roberta Williams

Poll: The biggest hit for Roberta Williams
Total Votes: 94
King’s Quest I: Quest for the Crown
King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne
King’s Quest III: To Heir Is Human
King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!
King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
Shivers
Laura Bow: The Colonel’s Bequest
Laura Bow in The Dagger of Amon Ra
Phantasmagoria 1

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Castledoque - 14 June 2012 04:36 PM
Oscar - 13 June 2012 11:16 PM

I wouldn’t say adventure games are dead… but I won’t say they’re alive either, at least until we finally get a really good game released in 2012.

Yesterday is a good albeit extremely short game. And Captain Morgane is rather fun.
Ok, so there has been no great adventure game this year so far, but most of the expected adventure games for this year have not been published yet (Deponia, Dark Eye, Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Resonance, to name a few). The year is far from over.
And, as others have already said, 2013 will probably be an excellent year for adventures.

agree,big time
sure its all about the next year,
but still 2012 didnt show what in its sleeves ,yet!

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Advie - 14 June 2012 04:08 PM

“I like to work for Sierra ,cuz i founded it…. i have to like it”  Heart Eyes

Sierra_OnLine,Corridors   Grin Grin

Yes, Roberta is sweet Smile And Sierra was so fun and creative back then - not only with games, but with all those extra materials… I wish I hadn’t missed it all.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Arial Type - 14 June 2012 07:14 AM

Laura Bow 2 and Shivers were not made by Roberta - she was only “consulting” developers. Unlike the first Laura Bow, which was surely one of her better games. But I will go with King’s Quest VI. An outstanding, very well-written adventure.

Was about to make the same comment, then I saw yours. Although I would have to go for Phantasmagoria 1. I don’t think it was the greatest game, but it incorporated things such as FMV that are now expected.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Nice thread Advie!
I have lately felt that Roberta Williams have been forgotten or overlooked by many, so its nice to see im not the only one that remeber the great work she has done.

My personal favorite is probadly King’s Quest VI, though i love most of the games she has made.

btw 2012 has been a terible year so far with not a single memorable release so far Frown

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 15 June 2012 08:01 PM

Nice thread Advie!
I have lately felt that Roberta Williams have been forgotten or overlooked by many, so its nice to see im not the only one that remeber the great work she has done.

of course there are many ,...no Millions who would never had forget Roberta ,even if some of them had forgotten her Name , can surely remember the Williams (surname) ,or just remember her games , or some of them at least, even if just one title of her great works!.

lets keep her name Alive, and post anything that would bring back to our memories the days of her glory, the days of Adventure Gaming Glories !

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Poor Ken, everyone forgets him.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

who is Ken,... did he send you ?  Crazy

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Roberta’s husband. See what I mean?  Crazy

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 16 June 2012 10:29 PM

Roberta’s husband. See what I mean?  Crazy

either you hadn’t play LSL1 or you just beating me in this(whatever!) Grin

and i thought that Ken just had a Big Wallet, and all that !

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You may be right about that, but he doesn’t get any love threads for him!  Foot in mouth  Heart

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m not really a big fan of Roberta Williams. I’ve never been a big fan of Sierra games in general, either. Having said that, my pick is Phantasmagoria, because I liked the campy B-movieness, and the fact that - unlike previous Sierra installments - you couldn’t die (safe for the last chapter).

King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride was also a game that I liked (until I got to a point where I was stuck and had to abandon it). I’m currently playing King’s Quest V and VI for the first time, and (re)playing KQVII. KQV is decent but little more. KQVI so far is great (although I’m not that far in it yet). But most of KQVI’s greatness seems to be credited to Jane Jensen, so I’ll definitely stick with my choice of Phantasmagoria.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

No love for The Colonel’s Bequest?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its been a while time to renew my Love for Roberta. Heart

the Love of Roberta Williams That never ends.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/videos/view/22356#7170

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeap, that Phantasmogoria main theme is magnificent.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yuppp it really rocks .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top