• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 24 July 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Mansion of Hidden Souls 2 (1994) is a Sega Saturn game that is a direct sequel to the SegaCD game I covered on June 25th. Technically speaking there is no “2” in the title but the game is so often confused with its predecessor due to having the exact same name that I put it there for clarification.

The graphics are much improved over the first game due to being on a more advanced game console, but I actually liked the first game better. Not that the first game is any good, but this 2nd game is definitely worse. It’s a very short game, contains no scares despite how it is presented, and has rather weak gameplay.

Anyway, I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone, but I feel it is my duty to at least mention these uncommon console exclusive adventure games, since so few people know of their existence.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Never heard of this game, of course, but Sega Saturn emulation is a nightmare (and the console’s library was poor to begin with), I’m guessing these games will be completely lost in time, so it’s a great job you put them in the spotlight.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Bastich - 23 July 2013 10:16 PM

Anyway, I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone

I’d say that’d be the case with pretty much any SEGA console game - no matter the genre Sarcastic

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

are you really playing those strange things you post ...

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Advie - 24 July 2013 11:12 AM

I’ve played every game I’ve posted so far and personally taken every screenshot as well.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 July 2013 11:10 AM

I’d say that’d be the case with pretty much any SEGA console game - no matter the genre Sarcastic

What, including the Genesis? U feeling ok?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree with Zifnab. Both the 8-bit Master System and the 16-bit Genesis Mega Drive were very solid consoles back in the day.

In fact, for me personally:
Sega Master System >>> Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Mega Drive >>> Super Nintendo ES

Note: I have no experience whatsoever with the fifth generation consoles of Sega (Saturn) and Nintendo (64). Playstation trumped both. Considerably. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 25 July 2013 07:36 AM

Sega Mega Drive >>> Super Nintendo ES

That’s BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Though it was a great console too. I also liked Dreamcast. Also, some Saturn titles were interesting (but nothing close to N64 or PSP1).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saturn was so bad it killed Sega (along with Mega CD, Mega Drive 32x…)

Commodore Amiga >>> All consoles

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

The problem with Megadrive/Genesis was the lack of exclusive titles but it still had classics of my youth like Ghosts n Ghouls, Goldenaxe, Mortal Kombat, Altered Beast, Shadowrun, Another World, Flashback, Landstalker and Shining Force. Yes, forget your Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, Shining Force was the best console RPG series ever.

I have a lot of SNES memories too, but Playstation was rubbish Smile

wilco - 25 July 2013 08:00 AM

Agreed!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bastich - 24 July 2013 11:36 PM
Advie - 24 July 2013 11:12 AM

I’ve played every game I’ve posted so far and personally taken every screenshot as well.

hmmmmm .. Impressing !!

so out of curiosity have you missed any of sierra’s developed or even released ,.. around 80 titles give or take?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SNES or Mega Drive?
N64, Saturn or PSP1?
Game Boy or Master System?
Atari or Amiga?
Ice cream or chocolate cake?

Many years have past and the flames of these wars still burn…

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Zifnab - 25 July 2013 12:25 AM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 July 2013 11:10 AM

What, including the Genesis? U feeling ok?

SEGA is, always was and forever will be pure garbage. There’s hardly any SEGA console games I actually like. Grandia is one of the few I can name - and naturally I played the PlayStation version of that Cool

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Weren’t you part of the Doug Tenapel cheersquad during the Armikrog debacle? Earthworm Jim was a SEGA title.

I’d put Playstation at the bottom of the console list, comfortably. I like a few N64 games but PS? Nothing.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 25 July 2013 09:51 AM

SEGA is, always was and forever will be pure garbage. There’s hardly any SEGA console games I actually like.

I disagree entirely.

Back in the ‘80s I was in a position where I could “sample” the Commodore, the Sega Master System and the Nintendo. I picked the Sega and didn’t think it was a difficult choice.
The Commodore was at a disadvantage, though. The friend who had that one, only played it on a black-and-white TV…

The same when the Mega Drive and SNES were out. I found the Mega Drive to be by far the better console.

Granted, I was just a kid, so I likely never compared them on a correct basis, but the Sega was always the more popular console with my friends and family.

Until the Saturn, that is. Tongue

Saturn was so bad it killed Sega (along with Mega CD, Mega Drive 32x…)

At least Sega was smart enough to get out of the console race after the Dreamcast, and turn to game publishing instead…

They admitted defeat and moved on.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Zifnab - 25 July 2013 09:59 AM

Weren’t you part of the Doug Tenapel cheersquad during the Armikrog debacle? Earthworm Jim was a SEGA title.

I’d put Playstation at the bottom of the console list, comfortably. I like a few N64 games but PS? Nothing.

I most certainly was not! And I don’t particularly like Earthworm Jim either.

TimovieMan - 25 July 2013 12:23 PM

I disagree entirely.

Back in the ‘80s I was in a position where I could “sample” the Commodore, the Sega Master System and the Nintendo. I picked the Sega and didn’t think it was a difficult choice.
The Commodore was at a disadvantage, though. The friend who had that one, only played it on a black-and-white TV…

The same when the Mega Drive and SNES were out. I found the Mega Drive to be by far the better console.

Granted, I was just a kid, so I likely never compared them on a correct basis, but the Sega was always the more popular console with my friends and family.

Until the Saturn, that is. Tongue

I don’t know which console was technically the best one, but I just don’t like many of the bigger SEGA games - I had a Commodore 64 and later a SNES.

Whenever I tried any SEGA stuff (out of the very few people I knew who had those consoles) it wasn’t my taste. SEGA had a lot of boring genres like tons of uninteresting SHMUP games and such. Yuck, no thanks!

And as for platformers - which was what I mainly judge the old consoles on - SEGA and their horrible Sonic games doesn’t even compare to Mario or Donkey Kong Country.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top