• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cat Lady-Stuck at end of Chapter 4 HELP

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Get other Susan as far to the right as she goes (four steps). Remove whatever you used (mace or lever) from the third panel. Use it on the main panel.

More specifically: use mace on first panel. use lever on second panel. get mace. use mace on third panel. get lever. use lever on fourth panel. get mace. use mace on main panel.
If this doesn’t work, then either you’re missing something else, or your game is broken.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Thanx again Antrax but it still doesn’t work and I can only continue & finish the game if some kind person sends me a SAVE !!!

So far 322 players have accessed this thread which I started 6 days ago.
HAS ANYCODY DOT A SAVE?
PLEASE HELP OUT !!

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Oh Dear, Oh Dear!
425 folk had a peek at this game-stopper-bug call for help ...........
............ I have no idea how many have actually played “Cat Lady” (past chapter 5 ?!)...............
............... but npt one with an appropriate save ?!?
Pan  Cry

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I think i have a saved game pretty close to after the point where you are stuck.

If you give me a PM with your email address i can send you a copy of all my save games, i don’t know the actual file needed, only the name of the save.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

That is absolutely wonderful and sincerely thanks a million

I have just now sent you my email address by PM - I hope you got it OK !

Thanx again - looking forward to continuing the game and hopefullyb completing it without further game stoppers !!!
  Heart    Laughing      Heart Eyes

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Hi Iznogood,
        I think it’s about 24 hours since I PMed my emal address to you, and I’m hoping that you received it OK ?????

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Len Green - 12 July 2013 01:04 PM

Hi Iznogood,
        I think it’s about 24 hours since I PMed my emal address to you, and I’m hoping that you received it OK ?????

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Len Green - 12 July 2013 01:04 PM

Hi Iznogood,

Sorry but i haven’t received any PM from you, i don’t know what the problem is, but just to check, i will also send this as a PM to you.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

To Iznogood,
        WEIRD.
The PM containing my address seemed to be despatched to you OK almost exactly 24 hours ago.
I have sent another one off 10 minutes ago - it should have got to you by now (although I don’t know how long PMs are supposed to ttaske ??!!??).

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RECEIVE IT - let’s saty within the next hour from now !!
Thanks in advance——- Len

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I reckon about an hour has gone by since I dispatched my 2nd PM to you.  Of course I don’t know in what part of the world you are situated and how inconvenient the time lag etc. is for you.
    I am beginning to think that the PM-ing system here is not reliable.
    So I suggest an alternative method which might be easier. Simply email the (zipped or rar-ed) save files to my wife’s temporary email address !!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  STOP PRESS  Just got your email so uyou must have gopt my PM with address Smile Smile Smile
It’s   just gone 3 am here so I’m not touching it till tomorrow morning.
Will give you a full repoert & THANX then !!!

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Hi Iznogood,
    Firstly many apologies for not having sent you a proper reply much earlier but I got tied up with some very important family affairs.
    Of course very many thanks for your great help which enables me to continue the game which otherwise I would not be able to do.  I hope that I don’t encounter another game-stopper. 
    You may know that I am a very old geezer - approaching 89.  And that I have alpha and beta tested about 4 dozen games and written something like that number of walkthroughs.  I am slowing down a great deal due to age and particularly macular degeneration vision.
    Your name seems to indicate that you are Swedish (???)  You may know that I have a very soft spot for Swedish people and amongst other things immensely admire their excellent grasp of English.  It started many years ago when I was the chief beta-tester of a very good Swedish made game “Gilbert Goodmate and the mushroom of Phungoria”.  Then for the last nearly 10 years I have pre-alpha, alpha, and beta-tested Mikael Nyqvist’s 9 Carol Reed mysteries and am already involved with #10.  He credits me in every game as being his “creative consultant”. 

I think I have helped quite a few gamers in my time and it is very nice and welcome and appreciated when somebody like you has taken the time and the trouble to help me out in my ‘hour of need’.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I forgot the most important thing.
As you suggested, your save “Chapter 5 Flowers” was pretty well as close as possible after my game-stopper. The only bit missing is a dream sequence which is not really essential and I know its contents anyhow.

It could hardly be better – T H A N X !

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

You are welcome, i’m just glad that it helped.

Len Green - 14 July 2013 08:32 AM

Your name seems to indicate that you are Swedish (???)

No - But you are pretty close, i’m actually Danish.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Sorry about that …… hope it wasn’t an (unintentional) insult on my part !!

I have toured or at least visited most European countries (and USA) but the furthest I ever got in Scandinavia was Denmark !!

Lovely country – lovely people !! 
  Heart Eyes  Crazy  Laughing

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

The trick with that machine (if my memory serves me right) is basically to corner the shadow Susan on the right hand side and then stab her. I may be wrong, but the mechanics reminded me a bit of the Nelly Cootalot end “machine” puzzle of doing things in the right order to move something into the right place. No show stoppers there as far as I know but I can see how it might be confusing (I was confused by it for a while).

Thanks for playing tho Len, good to know that you have - hope you enjoyed it!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top