• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

detective adventure games after 2006

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

Hi,

I just want to know what pc detective adventure games after 2006 can runs on my compaq laptop pretty well ,my specs are,

Win 7 32 bit ultimate,
2 gb ram,
Intel 4500m(really crappy card)
Intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Most adventure games doesn’t really require much of the graphics card, so I would guess most would run well. But it is only a guess!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I think you’ll have trouble with L.A. Noire and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Everything else, however, will most likely not be a problem.
Can’t say for sure, though, I’m not that well-versed in the differences between desktop and laptop PCs…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just got a Netbook to play games on and it is approx. What you have. Desktop PCs and Laptops are similar - it is just laptops are less powerful and tend to use integrated graphics chips instead of cards.

The fact that 70% of PC sales are laptops means that games will run on them now.

I was a dedicated Nintendo DS gamer for many years and just got back into PC gaming. I bought 20 (with another 30 still to buy) adventure games for the PC from half-price books - all of them ran and some of them were recently released (Haunted, Gray Matter).

What YOU want is exact recommendations - here U are:

Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny. I loved this game.

Still Life 2 - I loved this game - although not everyone.

Sherlock Holmes Nemesis - a solid PC adventure games.

NCIS - a great adventure game.

That sums it up.

I just booted “The Last Window” on my Nintendo 3DS - the Nintendo DS adventure games (I have 80 of them) are pure magic and I would not have spent 2004-2012 any other way.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

more detective games please, and thank you for giving such information,, i like to hear all time detective adventure game,not full but most of it,and why la noire are making such huge demanding graphics card game ,when whole world know popularity of adventure game is not satisfactory

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

1.Evil Under the Sun
2.And Then There Were None

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

Zifnab - 23 July 2013 11:23 PM

1.Evil Under the Sun
2.And Then There Were None

Thanks mate

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I can highly recommend Sinking Island, which is a classic who-dune-it with some twists, and a great game imo.

Also Cognition serial-murder game with a supernatural theme, and a game I really enjoyed, we are still waiting for the last episode though.

Sherlock Holmes vs Arsène Lupin (Also know as Nemesis) a quite difficult game if you like some challenges, and perhaps also the best in the Sherlock series. Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper is also not bad, though not among my favourites.

Face Noir if you like a Noir setting then this might be right up your alley.

The Art of Murder series and Still Life 2 (Still Life 1 is from 2005), solid detective games though not among my personal favourites, but if you like detective games they are hard to ignore.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I seriously doubt you can play any of the above metnioned games since most AGs I own don’t work on Intel graphics. I know that because for a short while I had a laptop with an Intel grpahics card. Most of my games didn’t work at all and those that did had a lot of glitches as a result. You really need Nvidia or Ati Radeon to play games. Even adventure games. Those laptops cost a bit extra but you get your money’s worth.

Anyway on the off-chance they do work:

Overlocked
is a really good game.It’s not really a detective game in the traditional sense. More of a psychological thriller but you do get to investigate a crime so it qualifies in the respect. Amd it’s an absolutely wonderful game. Very rich in atmosphere with some of the best developed chracters I’ve seen in an adventure game.

Also let’s not forget The Raven that was just released. Haven’t played it yet but according to the review it’s a very decent game.

Edit:
Overlocked should be Overclocked. You probably won’t find it otherwise.

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

any mafia related adventure game ?

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

You might also want to check out (2010) Alter Ego. I can verify that it runs perfectly well on an el-cheapo Dell laptop with integrated HD graphics and Windows 8.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

dwapar - 24 July 2013 12:04 PM

Face Noir I mentioned earlier is mafia related.

And I can also second Overclocked mentioned by gray piece, I just didn’t think of it as a detective game.

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

Iznogood - 24 July 2013 05:31 PM
dwapar - 24 July 2013 12:04 PM

Face Noir I mentioned earlier is mafia related.

And I can also second Overclocked mentioned by gray piece, I just didn’t think of it as a detective game.

i think face noir will not run on my crappy laptop or run with lowest graphics,any othe game

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Did you try the Face Noir demo to see if it would run?
Face Noir demo

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

RayB - 24 July 2013 10:40 PM

Did you try the Face Noir demo to see if it would run?
Face Noir demo

i play that game ,it lags,but not much

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

Mikekelly - 23 July 2013 10:42 PM

from your inspiration,i play hotel dusk 215 on ds emulator and it works for me,it looks amazing,but there is no voice sound ,is it a bug or it has already no speech sound

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top