• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Get-together 2013 - Germany

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

We also arrive at Friday.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

Okay, if anyone who arrives before Saturday wants to go on a bit of sightseeing or the like with me, or wants to meet up beforehand, just call me. I would love to do show you around some more than that one day allows. Does everyone have my phone number?

tsa, I’ve got some pictures for Johannes’ and my mother’s name tags:

227038_214037898614068_4509222_n
(Yes, he’s dressed as Pirate, and I am as Ninja. Wink Also, that Bamboo is from our garden. We used it as glasses that day.)

156182_502929660072_1860718_n

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

LOL! I’ll see what I can do Smile.
I have your phone number Jazz.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jazhara7 - 21 July 2013 09:50 AM

Does everyone have my phone number?

I don’t. Could be useful in case my GPS system sends me the wrong way (or if I hit heavy traffic and am delayed or whatever else that can happen)...

Is there a specific place where we will meet up on Saturday? In other words, where should I drive to? I can pick up some people from their hotels if need be.

Also, Jaz, got any suggestions for fitting music I could listen to on the drive over there? Tongue
Or is my current mix of Nick Cave, Porcupine Tree, Bløf, Counting Crows, Paradise Lost, Tool, Rammstein and In Extremo adequate? Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I still need avvies for Elvira and Mrs. Urhan. If you haven’t sent them in before Monday, August 4th I will make up something for them myself! Beware! Wink

By the way Jaz, does your mother speak English? Because, as you know, my German sucks! Confused

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 23 July 2013 08:52 AM

By the way Jaz, does your mother speak English? Because, as you know, my German sucks! Confused

Just speak Dutch, but give the words a German pronunciation.

It worked for Belgian goalie Jean-Marie Pfaff, back in the 80s when he was playing for Bayern München.
He was mocked here for his complete lack of knowledge of the German language, but on the other hand, everybody in Germany got the gist of what he was saying. Despite being VERY basic, “Jean-Marie Pfaff Deutsch” is surprisingly adequate… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 23 July 2013 05:09 PM
tsa - 23 July 2013 08:52 AM

Just speak Dutch, but give the words a German pronunciation.

It worked for Belgian goalie Jean-Marie Pfaff, back in the 80s when he was playing for Bayern München.
He was mocked here for his complete lack of knowledge of the German language, but on the other hand, everybody in Germany got the gist of what he was saying. Despite being VERY basic, “Jean-Marie Pfaff Deutsch” is surprisingly adequate… Grin

Thanks TimovieMan, I learnt a lot from that video!

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

TimovieMan - 22 July 2013 05:44 PM
Jazhara7 - 21 July 2013 09:50 AM

Does everyone have my phone number?

I don’t. Could be useful in case my GPS system sends me the wrong way (or if I hit heavy traffic and am delayed or whatever else that can happen)...

Is there a specific place where we will meet up on Saturday? In other words, where should I drive to? I can pick up some people from their hotels if need be.

Also, Jaz, got any suggestions for fitting music I could listen to on the drive over there? Tongue
Or is my current mix of Nick Cave, Porcupine Tree, Bløf, Counting Crows, Paradise Lost, Tool, Rammstein and In Extremo adequate? Smile

I’ll send you my mobile number by PM (don’t have to plaster it all over the web, after all. Smile )

I think the best place to meet up would be the parking lot of the Felsenmeer. That way we’ll start and end in the same place.

So, 10:30 am on Saturday the 10th of August 2013, at the Felsenmeer Information
. If anyone needs picking up, just say so. Smile

As for the music, I can always recommend “Blind Guardian”, specifically “Nightfall in Middle Earth”. Lots of awesome songs (also, they did a metal cover of “To France”. Apparently it’s a response to having their entire equipment stolen on their last performance in France…they no longer play there, it is said.)

Willem, my mother does understand English pretty well. But she doesn’t use it much for speaking, so she might take a moment to get into it. Smile

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Yay, it’s coming closer! Smile
Elvira and I will arrive together with tsa on Friday. As for Elvira’s avatar, I’ll push her to thinnk of something or see if I can come up with something totally her myself.

Looking forward to it!

Edit: btw @ TimovieMan: You can also check out Schandmaul, they’re awesome!

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Luna Sevithiainen - 29 July 2013 05:56 AM

Yay, it’s coming closer! Smile
Elvira and I will arrive together with tsa on Friday. As for Elvira’s avatar, I’ll push her to thinnk of something or see if I can come up with something totally her myself.

Looking forward to it!

Edit: btw @ TimovieMan: You can also check out Schandmaul, they’re awesome!

I have some ideas. And they’re not lame jokes. If you want to know, PM me Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Woot! I finished making the nadged with our names on them. I’m quite pleased with them myself, so if you find them ugly you have no taste.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Cool! Thumbs Up

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

tsa - 01 August 2013 03:02 PM

Woot! I finished making the nadged with our names on them. I’m quite pleased with them myself, so if you find them ugly you have no taste.

I have no idea what nadged are but I meant badges.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Only a week away. So excited.

I did get into trouble for not sending Mrs Urhan’s avatar earlier. She sent it to me a while ago and I replied to her that it was perfect. Just forgot the forwarding it on part.  stepurhan Pan

I do have your number on my phone Jaz and we will be there on Friday.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

tsa - 01 August 2013 03:02 PM

...so if you find them ugly you have no taste.

Laughing

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top