• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Carles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Request help finding the name of a long lost point-and-click fantasy comedy adventure game

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-07-19

PM

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and looking for some help finding the title of a game I played many year ago with my Dad. We played it on a Windows 95 computer in the mid to late 90’s. It was a fantasy point-and-click adventure game. The game was steeped in the comedy one would expect from a Zork game, but from the research I’ve already done, I know it isn’t a Zork game. I can’t exactly recall the graphic quality of the game, I believe it was 16-bit pixel art.

From what I remember about story, you start in a house with access only to the foyer, the kitchen, and the den. The true meat of the game begins when you get a package with a computer game in it, and when you boot it up you are transported to the fantasy world. You are given a choice of many different ‘partners’ to play through the game with, but many lead to quick game-overs, except for a Naga companion who you spend most of the game with.

Some memorable moments in the game:

* Being confronted by a Man and his dog made of lava called the “Fire man” and “Hot dog,” you have to use a bottle of mustard and bun to scare the hot-dog away.

* Exploring a decrepit building, you find a key outside on a window sill, but the window is stuck shut. You have to use a bottle of Aspirin one the window pane in order to get the window open.

* At one point you are forced to trade partners with another person playing the game, your naga for his harpie.

If anyone can help identify this game, I would be incredibly grateful. I’ve been looking for my copy of the game to no avail, I’ve been googling to the best of my abilites, I just can’t find anything about it anywhere.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

It sounds like a really interesting premise.  I hope you find out!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-07-19

PM

It’s Companions of Xanth by Legend Entertainment.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-07-19

PM

krle00ne - 19 July 2013 08:09 PM

It’s Companions of Xanth by Legend Entertainment.

Wow, that’s the one. Thank you so much for helping me find the title.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Companions of Xanth. One of the book adaption games that Legend put out.

Death Gate, Shannara, Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon and Gateway being some of the others.

Unlike th eother one I don’t think i’ve read any of the 30+ Xanth novels that Piers Anthony wrote, but I did enjoy the game. Your tolerance to the game may depend on how much you like Puns though.

Video of the beginning of the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top