• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 19 July 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Today’s scene is a Myst-like landscape from the game Queensrÿche’s Promised Land (1996).

Unlike some of the other musician titles I’ve covered, this is actually a game, with a goal to find the five pieces of the band’s totem that have been scattered across the world, each in one of the band member’s domains and deliver them to a specific location.

These areas have their own little puzzles to solve, though none are very difficult that I can recall. Each realm is also designed to reflect the interests of the band members such as environmentalism, boating, flying, etc.

The game’s art design, though surreal at times and hence something I normally might like, is often just downright ugly. Some of the color combinations used are just vile. I often just wanted to get out of the locations I was in, rather than explore them. Other scenes, like the one above, aren’t too bad though.

As a big fan of Queensrÿche, I was rather disappointed that their music doesn’t really appear in the game at all. There is one exception to this though in that finishing the game involves seeing a video of the band playing a song written specifically for the game. Unfortunately, it was a rather forgettable song that I have never listened to since.

There is also a second disc with a virtual recording studio that you can wander around in and watch music videos and interviews and stuff, but it isn’t actually part of the game itself.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I like your taste in music… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yeah he actually has that great taste , of the late 80’s and early 90’s Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top