• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 15 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For the past 3 weeks, I’ve only been posting scenes from games I’ve played. This week, I’m going through some games I haven’t played, selecting scenes based on nothing more their looking interesting. Let me know if they actually are important in the game — and if I should beat myself up for not having played those games yet!

I’ve long been interested in Inherit the Earth, since I think it was the first game supported by ScummVM that I had never played. The very positive review on this site also helped. But I never got around to buying it, and based on how it’s never discussed on the forums I’m guess I’m not the only one in this situation. Are we all missing out on something great?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed the game very much.  It has a decent story and likable characters with good voice acting.  You control Riff, the fox, and the other two characters follow him.  Most of the puzzles are inventory based, and you can use the map to get around.  There are a couple of mazes, but they’re fairly easy.  On the whole, it’s a very good game.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s nice that the developer is still selling it, although $17 is a bit steep for such an old game. I guess I’ll get it eventually, when my game queue gets less full.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Never played this one.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I remember reading a lot about this game but never got to play it

This needs the gog.com treatment

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

wilco - 15 June 2012 06:51 PM

This needs the gog.com treatment

This already HAS the ScummVM treatment.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This is the first I have heard of this adventure game so I decided to buy a PC CD-Rom version off eBay. Thanks for posting!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zobraks - 16 June 2012 01:45 AM

This already HAS the ScummVM treatment.

I was thinking it needed a digital release with extras but I can see the developer still sells the game.

I was just checking and there is a iOS version in the app store for iphone and ipad and it’s much cheaper. Anyone tried it?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top