• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sad Egypt

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bonsai - 03 July 2013 10:56 PM

Maybe you can finally start a thread called “Happy Egypt!”

to be announced Grin
WatchWatch2

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Congrats! Hopefully this works out for the best.

The future will only tell though, as revolutions (or military coups for that matter) do not always lead to stable governments. Examples in Africa and South America are countless.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Advie - 03 July 2013 10:06 PM

NO, this is not a military coup, this is the EGYPTIAN REVOLUTION by the people of Egypt Protected by the Army .
never heard of a military coup accompanied with Massive Celebrations, and fireworks .

however its a happy day in Egypt, and ...secondly i wish the Americans (whom may understand this) a happy 4th of July .

Actually it’s the military overthrowing a democratic government. It’s mob rule. That’s not how democracy works. It’s weird that a pro-democracy group was calling for the replacement of a democractic voted government and then doing it with force.

The people vote for their leaders and if it’s not working it goes back to the vote not to guns and the army.

As much as I may sympathise with the rebels it’s hypocritical to preach democracy and use the army to carry it out.

It was most definatly a coup, esp weird as it is one that is indirectly funded by the US.

The true test of democracy lies not in being able to vote someone into power, but in being able to vote them out of it again.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Congrats to Egypt. Hope that things work out with better leadership.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien29 , Tongue
you mostly always had my admiration as someone whose posts always sound very objective and hardly reflect your personality , i know that i could be the total opposite , so i am really interested into this conversation, and will try to be objective as much as i can ....

but if excuse me now, need to run down the streets as our military sill needs our support, and i need to be fully aware to try to convince you or at least gather up my ideas and put into words, which is not quite easy for sure with political subject like this one .

try to read Frisk’s article When is a military coup not a military coup!?until i get back to you ,today or maybe tomorrow morning , as he (imo) tells the bold truth .

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I know it’s difficult for me to know what is really happening. I’m not there on the ground, in the middle of it.

My opinions are based on what I have seen or read on the news.

I read Frisk’s article which is completly sarcastic and is basically saying it’s a coup, but Obama etc are not allowed to say that for purely political reasons. Funding would be cut in the case of a coup.

As I said I’m not disputing that the leader needed to be changed, but just not sure that this is the way to do it.

Algeria tried this in the 90’s and it ended in years of civil war.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

As I said I’m not disputing that the leader needed to be changed, but just not sure that this is the way to do it

I think sometimes a not perfect but quick solution may be more important than to wait until it’s too late to do anything about it.
But like everyone I hope for as little bloodshed as possible.
I guess a good measure of the new government will be how much Morsi’s followers will be suppressed, once the situation has calmed down.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Shnubble - 04 July 2013 12:37 PM

As I said I’m not disputing that the leader needed to be changed, but just not sure that this is the way to do it

I think sometimes a not perfect but quick solution may be more important than to wait until it’s too late to do anything about it.

i would that is totally convince for me too , it wasn’t a real Coup and it wasn’t a standard Revolution , esp. since we just had once 2 years ago. Smile

but lets just put this way without ruining my happiness Smile ,at least for the time being,  someday soon we will be thanked putting down this Group , before they taken all the controls over Egypt , and then it would have been too late.

God Bless Egypt, God bless The Army

Thanks everyone for your nice wishes .

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

“God bless the Army” Thumbs Up
I don’t think God gives a crap about our petty struggles….he can’t very well bless the entire world (because every nation proclaims God’s blessing) and still have all these wars taking place all the bloody time.

I’m sick and tired of people always looking up to God (if you so choose to believe) to help out on things. People should start taking responsibility for their own actions in stead of allways bringing God into the mix…and claiming you act on his behalf.
This is what gets us into trouble each and every time.

Look, an army is a necessary evil and as soon as anything stabilizes in Egypt (IF….because it’s not a given yet) it should be re-arranged to the level a country needs purely for defensive purposes.

It wouldn’t be the first time that an army takes control over a country and starts oppressing any kind of opposition still present (eg in this case the muslim brotherhood). If that happens, no matter how you call it, it won’t be an improvement on long term.

Anyway, for the moment I’m glad the brotherhood is out of power, as they are yet another example of why religion and politics don’t mix/blend.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie:  Go outside and smell the fresh air.  Taste the freedom.  I, and many others I know, are happy to see the MB gone along with their biggest supporter Obama. Now a real gov’t can begin to get down to business…...like feeding its people.  I wish you and your family well.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bonsai - 05 July 2013 10:29 AM

Now a real gov’t can begin to get down to business

Like shooting opposition protesters…http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23202096

Egypt is still 90% muslim so the politicians need to get a peaceful solution to this before a war breaks out.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Lucien21 - 05 July 2013 12:22 PM

Like shooting opposition protesters…http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23202096

Egypt is still 90% muslim so the politicians need to get a peaceful solution to this before a war breaks out.

Whatever. 

Btw:  Big difference between the word Muslim and The Muslim Brotherhood…...ask Advie.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 05 July 2013 12:22 PM

Lucien21 i say the hell with CNN and BBC ... believe its nothing but lies they are trying to represent to the world

i will spare you my words, please watch those videos !!... and before that understand those politicians are Muslims as me just the same but those are fanatic with an agenda .
open your eyes.
and that just some of what is happening.

1.the Godfather of the revolution elbaradei.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2013/07/04/intl-egypt-coup-mohamed-elbaradei-intv.cnn.html

2.whos is killing who , see yesterday Brotherhood attack on the military

3.this is tricky but watch the brotherhood people killing peaceful protesters using the militry attenedence to frame them (took place yesterday also)

4.here Paul Begley talks about the Obama ,Morsi Connection

5. al qaeda supports for Morsi today at Pakistan and Afghanistan?!

Image Attachments

1016782_172179536287801_1643197673_n.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Quite frankly CNN and BBC are much more neutral sources of information than you seem to believe and certainly better than the utter drivel that’s spread by someone like Paul Begley.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

why am i wasting my time!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top