• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 03 July 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Eastern Mind: The Losts Souls of Tong Nou (1995)  is another really interesting and surreal game I like. Made by Japanese musician/artist Osamu Sato, it has a very unique visual style. In fact, the shot I chose is probably one of the more normal looking ones. Many of the other creatures in the game are far more bizarre.

The most interesting part of the game is the fact that you have to die a lot to progress through the game. That may sound like a problem, but in a world where reincarnation is the norm it’s nothing to fret about at all. When you die, you are reincarnated as one of many different characters, each with their own unique puzzles to solve. You’ll have to live and die as each one in order to complete your journey.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Where do you find these games?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

He just makes them up - those games don’t exist.

And Moby is doing the same.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Ooh, I saw a youtube vid of this game once. It is freaky!!

Thank you for posting all these weird, obscure games for AGSotD. I read every day! Smile

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve seen screenshots of this game, and some of them are creepy.  One of them shows a head with a pile of eyeballs in it’s cheek.  I’ll have to look for it.

Edit: Here you go.  I found it at Legacy.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cheek-eyeballs… Hate when that happens…

That 90s had some weird 1st person adventures…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

As a side note: how are you holding up with the AGSotD, Bastich?
You said you’d try for a month, and we’ve passed the one-month mark two weeks ago… Wink

KUTGW! Thumbs Up

Note to self: I need to update the AGSotD list.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 03 July 2013 12:46 PM

KUTGW! Thumbs Up

Yeah i’m amazed at how many games you know that i have never heard of before.
I might not have posted much in these threads, but i enjoy checking every day what new game i have never heard of you will post a picture from.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 03 July 2013 12:00 PM

But isn’t it only the Green-faced who get it?

Yup…Psychotron, Spaceship Warlock, Psychic Detective, Dare to Dream…crazy stuff…

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

wilco - 03 July 2013 12:00 PM

.....and that’s why that era, with so much originally and creativity, was awesome.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

TimovieMan - 03 July 2013 12:46 PM

As a side note: how are you holding up with the AGSotD, Bastich?
You said you’d try for a month, and we’ve passed the one-month mark two weeks ago… Wink

KUTGW! Thumbs Up

It’s not a problem for me so far. I like taking and posting the screenshots. It can sometimes be difficult to think of something to say about some of the games though. Some I haven’t played in years or decades even and others are simply not very memorable experiences.

I have no intentions to stop doing it at the moment though. Many people seem to enjoy the weird games I come up with and I’m happy to oblige them.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Bastich - 04 July 2013 12:01 AM

I have no intentions to stop doing it at the moment though. Many people seem to enjoy the weird games I come up with and I’m happy to oblige them.

Great! I know I rarely post but enjoy having a look each day to see what you’ve come up with Bastich!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top