• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 01 July 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

80 Days (2005) is a fully 3D 3rd person game by Frogwares that is a sort of campy sequel to the famous story by Jules Verne.

The game has different play modes depending on whether you want to play it like an adventure game or more like an action adventure with the latter being timed and having limited funds. I, of course, chose the former as I hate time constraints.

The game had great graphics for the time and I enjoyed driving all the different vehicles around but a combination of too much backtracking and humor that didn’t really appeal to me led to it falling a little flat for me.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Looks pretty good, though, based on this and other screenshots.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Is it more campy than the Jackie Chan version? Smile

I remember being really interested in the the game at the time, but never finding a version, I’m quessing the 3D probably doesn’t hold up very well now.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

wilco - 01 July 2013 04:03 AM

I remember being really interested in the the game at the time, but never finding a version, I’m quessing the 3D probably doesn’t hold up very well now.

I remember my laptop not being good enough at the time; now I’ve got a super-powerful PC but I’m sure it’ll look pretty horrible by today’s standards.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

80 Days is one of the most enjoyable games I’ve played. I guess it is time to replay it! If someone is thinking of getting it, do it.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Bastich - 01 July 2013 01:09 AM

The game had great graphics for the time and I enjoyed driving all the different vehicles around but a combination of too much backtracking and humor that didn’t really appeal to me led to it falling a little flat for me.

I really wanted to like this game at the time as I did like the graphics & also the novelty of the different modes of transport. I persisted with it to finish the Cairo chapter but by the time I started the next on the train I’d had enough! It was the first AG I ever abandoned - I just wasn’t enjoying the combination of the interface, the backtracking & the ‘formulaic’ approach to it which didn’t grab me personally but appreciate that a lot of other players really loved the game such as yourself UruBoo!

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Taste is taste, Chrissie. We know that. It is not THE game but I really enjoyed it at the time it was realeased. Some think Resonance is a great game, I, on the other side, disliked it. That’s the fun of life, isn’t it? Cheers!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top