• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I am Leaving AG

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

for the two years i spent here, i had a lot of amazing time even from my start with all bashing over me and my threads,didnt really get to me much,though it was intensed i remember Steve once said that this kind of attack for one member was never witnessed in the history of the site, but i had the chance to make Some Friendships with really nice posters as Fien ,Gabe, Jelena ,SweetD , izno ,Zifnab , Quest1 ,Sefir , tsa, Oscar ,kate me,Diego,chrissie,Tim!,Jackel, Bonsai, Shnubble, .... and many others we had our moments and even with lots of PMs between, were always asking about each other, even Zobraks who members might see us as we are always picking on each other, but no! its one kind of a relation (if i can not call-it a friendship) ;it has this undefinable lovely connection that i always admired.

i was recruited by Jackal to be with the team of AG (Staff), he even had givin me a title that was never used A Research Assistant and in 3-4 months only i added more than 2340 screens and more 800 trailers some that i made myself from the game ,  it was great but Mr.Jack didn’t apply me as an official member of the team (not even at my public profile)he said it will happen but its up Marek to decide and he was away at the time ,but then honestly i started to be such a pain in the ass, i admit i really annoyed Jack many times, with no crediting that felt like a secret love relation ;i worked with no one day off i wasn’t taking as a kind of volunteering ,like other great members contributed also at this thread AG need Screenshot , i was recruited by given tasks and never a recognized credit , a thank post maybe to my work on the trailers or to be kinda mentioned differently at thread/post at least once .

the work on trailers was hell of a job, to create trailer that didn’t exist i needed to make them from scratch; capturing the games videos itself (if you wanna check SQ3 Manhunter 1&2 KQ’s 4-5 GK2 ,EgyptII ...etc even new stuff until days ago on a different small rate like Happy whore or The Starship-Damrey trailers i never stopped volunteering even after being fired for a long while)and that is all just out of love ,i never asked to be recognized but to be rewarded.
sometimes efforts went to find games i never heard of and to search into the deepest places to find others and make trailers out ,however i always edited everything for the slightest reasons even if its only for the file Size ,Video Quality ...etc .. but what can i say?! i know blew it as i couldn’t wait (wish i thought its time about and deserved)  i annoyed Jackal many time and very much ,at the end he fired me but also at his firing letter he wrote me these words that made feel so much good about myself even then

Jackal: I do thank you once again for your contributions these last new months.  You’ve been a big help in getting our video library built up, and the site will forever be improved because of it.

and as i came in ,as i am gone like said no one noticed, but i tried to put all my efforts and positive energy and my lobe for AGs into the forums which i thought always even before joining, that the main concepts of threads are either about a certain title (released or coming) , Place that Contests or some listing for top things!, i tried and many times i failed to bring up topics that touches the scene helping/adding-to it or even just to show a different view more than the discussion of certain titles ...

i kept my new topics rate high like 2 threads a week that took me lots of researches to bring out a subject the can opened for a contravention discussing , some accused my thread to be nothing but Stupid and nonsense and other claimed i am doing it for the count.. and many other accusation.

but its only like 4 months ago i started to get the feeling that everything i write is only a matter of disagreeing and rejection , not to the content but just looking at its a new thread from Advie was hell enough to disagree!? ,the exclamation came even for some ugly words and insults directed to me or describing;.. Paranoid,Stupid,extravagant,shallow minded,sick puppy and even Hitler ...etc i always tried turning these around into jokes but sometimes i was aggressive, YES , and lately i had been Warned! to be kicked out if i showed this attitude again, and i said i dont see anything making me tolerating/take this shit just for just not to lose my membership at AG!! ... but tho i tried still ,my best , but the recent thing i notice is the this thing i believe its even worse than any thing/insults i mentioned ;intended ignorance , total ignorance sometimes, you Quote someone he doesn’t reply you direct to no answer you even find some might answer on a subject which i started to everyone else contributed but me ...

any .... i also knew its just a matter of time and Jackal will ban me for good, because i was sure there will come a point that i would not be able to keep my temper under control.anyways the whole thing has been getting on my nerve lately.

so here i am wishing you well and i ask the Admins for my membership to be removed as i dont know how to do it, but of course i will always visit AG my Fav Adventure Venue in the world.

i had been such great time i spent as a member here at AG though i had been always here as visitor/guest since god knows when,

there is that side Note maybe irrelevant maybe not that i can not end this post without mentioning it , esp. that this is my last post Quest1 issue/banning is utterly strange and whats it more strange that what Dale said/Warned-about anyone if to bring it up or saying any concerning Q1 it will be deleted!, i found this very odd, and total weakness to face each member here

LONG LIVE AG.

Advie.

P.S:i Jack Allin (i must say) is one of the greatest men i ever encountered and Timothy is the Kindest and rational man that i ever met online ...

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’m sorry to see you go Advie. I didn’t read all your threads but you often had valuable remarks. I hope you find another website you can enjoy.

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Advie, relax please! You are trying way to hard. There is no automatic or mandatory acknowledgement for posts. There is no need to start x threads in a certain time, let alone to sit down and try to come up with ideas for new ones or research them. That concept of yours seems quite strange to me and might alienate others, too.
Depending on how interesting a topic is to them, people might react or not, they may feel compelled to answer you or someone else. They might also get annoyed if someone creates lots of half-baked topics or seems desperate for attention. (I’ll be honest, that’s the impression I had in the beginning, though it’s gotten a lot better in the meantime, if you ask me. )
It’s obvious you love AGs and I’d be sorry if you left.
I’d even give you an official custom title for your screenshot efforts, though that could be seen as encouraging whining.
But for the language problem alone I can’t see you doing anything official, there is just too much misunderstanding going on on an almost daily basis.

The Quest1 thing was unfortunate in my opinion but he had it coming.
A forum is not a direct democracy, so if you don’t like the rules or aren’t willing to accept the consequences of testing and overstepping the boundaries there is really nothing else left than to leave.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It’s your decision Advie obviously, but if I were you I would take a break from the AG forums instead, say a month or something, and then come back here fresh for a new start.

I agree with Shnubble, it’s not up to any one member to revolutionise the forums or the website and custom titles really don’t mean a lot anyway, except where they show someone as a moderator or other “official” position. Don’t misunderstand me, I’m sure you have done a lot to help the site with the screenshots and that’s a great thing but surely the reason for doing that is for the love of it and not for recognition or to become “Adventurere No 1!” Wink

It would be a shame to lose your eagerness and opinions from the forums as they add to the forums as a whole, but if you are getting frustrated with a perceived lack of recognition or that things aren’t exactly how you want them then maybe a break, a rethink, and then a return here to add to the diversity and contribute to the whole is the right thing for you. That’s up to you obviously.

I hope to see you here posting again whatever you decide.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I am sorry to see you go Advie, you will be missed.

I wasn’t aware of all the hard work you had done making screenshots and trailers, i knew you had contributed but not with this much. But i am fully aware of the work you have put into trying to create some interesting discussions here on the forum, even if they didn’t always turn into the discussions you had hoped.

I will personally miss taking part in these discussion, and following all the different topics you came up with.

I hope we will see you again here on the forum sometimes in the future.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It was awesome knowing you.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Good Lord.

You know, there’s always the simple option of NOT POSTING.  But hey, I guess that wouldn’t be dramatic enough, now would it?

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I agree with Lambonius,

Obviously Advie is disappointed with the level of response or commitment he expected from others in the way he feels contributed himself….or maybe it could have been just a few posts (incl. mine).

The fact of the matter is that there are no such rules or duties. As a forum member you can decide when and how to post for what reason.
Maybe he made the “membership” a far more intensive and “bonded” thing than that it actually is (though I’m not claiming it cannot be for individual persons if so desired), but expecting this from others is not realistic.

Then again, some people are inclined to respond more dramatic no matter what happens or what is said, so there is no need to respond overly dramatic to this aswel Smile

The main point being: You don’t like to the engagement with others, simply don’t post!

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Maybe I should create a new forum name (or resurrect an old one) and respond in defense of my own post.

Nah…

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Welcome back ‘Advie’!

It’s been a while Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

subbi - 24 June 2013 02:32 AM

Welcome back ‘Advie’!

It’s been a while Laughing

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Kinda sounds like one side love. The avoid getting more hurt, one should think twice before contributing too much into the relationship with non-equal feelings. Tongue

As you joined not long after me, I’ve seen your activity since Adventure No 1 days. While at times I enjoyed your posts, I admit, some other times there was too much from you. But then again, “talking is silver, silence is gold” is purely my preference! And I choose what I read, so I just didn’t read what didn’t interest me and problem solved. Tongue

That said, I appreciate what you’ve done to improve the site. I understand* the situation irritated you, but imho you also overreact by leaving. Take a break, grow some patience(!), return and take it easy. Say when you have(!) something to say and everyone co-exist peacefully. Retreat. Reassess. Regroup. Return.

Advie, are you going to gamescom (I realize you may not answer)?

*EDIT-UPDATE: I understand your feelings as I had similar situation in MobyGames. I used to contribute, making wide researches about companies and games. And then some, or rather one, user, deleted 90% of imo important information and those edits got always approved.
Then I undestood that already the 1st line (“MobyGames is focused on documenting most aspects of information related to electronic games…”) in “The MobyGames Standards and Practices” is a big joke (not to mention about “Company overviews are meant to give a run-down of a company’s activities through time. This includes history items, important games and internal changes.” etc.) and I adjusted myself accordingly.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

And so… he had left AG?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zobraks - 29 December 2015 05:52 AM

And so… he had left AG?

Well wait, what did i miss?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 December 2015 06:56 AM

And so… he had left AG?

Wasn’t advie banned?  Frown

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

nomadsoul - 29 December 2015 06:56 AM

And so… he had left AG?

I don’t know.

wilco - 29 December 2015 08:29 AM

Wasn’t advie banned?

How else would he leave this place?

P.S. Well, there is the other way, but I hope he’s alive and well.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top