• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nelly Cootalot II: The Fowl Fleet

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Will be a Kickstarter. I should really play the original already.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=47753.0

http://www.nellycootalot.com/games/nelly-2/

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Looks quite nice. Will it be a talkie?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Loved the original! Will check out the kickstarter…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

The announcement lists “Voice acting(?)” as one of the steps of production, so… maybe.

One more pic for the sake of loveliness:

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

After a brisk nap - 04 March 2013 02:43 AM

The announcement lists “Voice acting(?)” as one of the steps of production, so… maybe.

Yes, somehow I missed that Wink

The pitch video is the funniest kickstarter video I’ve seen since Tim Schafer’s. The first Nelly Cootalot game didn’t spark enough interest for me to check it out, but the upgraded look of the second one, combined with the obvious great personality of Alasdair Beckett-King, instantly convinced me to back it and to give a little extra. Something tells me this guy is a very talented writer, and I think he deserves to be funded Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 25 May 2013 04:26 PM

The pitch video is the funniest kickstarter video I’ve seen since Tim Schafer’s. The first Nelly Cootalot game didn’t spark enough interest for me to check it out, but the upgraded look of the second one, combined with the obvious great personality of Alasdair Beckett-King, instantly convinced me to back it, and to give a little extra. Something tells me this guy is a very talented writer, and I think he deserves to be funded Smile

I totally agree, and like you i instantly backed it.
(Though i will probably give the first one a try, if i can find the time)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Dag - 25 May 2013 04:26 PM

The pitch video is the funniest kickstarter video I’ve seen since Tim Schafer’s. The first Nelly Cootalot game didn’t spark enough interest for me to check it out, but the upgraded look of the second one, combined with the obvious great personality of Alasdair Beckett-King, instantly convinced me to back it and to give a little extra. Something tells me this guy is a very talented writer, and I think he deserves to be funded Smile

+1
Great pitch video!

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I’ve had the first game sitting in my freeware AGs folder for years but I haven’t played it. Still, the pitch video made me want to pledge straight away, so I grabbed the early bird tier. The game looks great—a huge visual improvement over the first one.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2013-05-26

PM

Hi, this is Alasdair (the developer). I’m glad you like the look of the new game and the Kickstarter Campaign. Thanks to those of you who’ve backed it!

Just to clarify, this game will have voice acting if we reach our campaign goal. There’s a bit more information in on the Adventure Gamers News Post about it.

I’d encourage you all to play the original game. If you don’t like it, then imagine how much better the next one will be! Or something!

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It is at 12,000 out of 15,000 with 11 days to go.

Come on guys, lets give it the last push, so this brilliant game gets made!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I hope this makes it.  I too am a backer. I had fun with the first game and figured this would be even better.  Hope so!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yep, greatly enjoyed the first one and i’m sure this one will be even better!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

FUNDED

Reached its goal with 4 days to go.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Great to see that this is already funded and has met one stretch goal with a day or two left. There are other stretch goals though and also the option to “top up” your pledge for additional rewards so if you’ve been on the fence, now is the time to dive in!

You can also now pledge by paypal (same rewards) if Kickstarter is a problem for you.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2013-05-26

PM

Thanks for the support guys!

We’re 3 stretch goals down and the last day is upon us, so please tell your friends and/or enemies!

Joined 2013-05-26

PM

Hello! I just wanted to revive this thread to let you know that Nelly Cootalot the Fowl Fleet is currently on Steam Greenlight. Please vote for us if you can!

Vote for Nelly on Steam Greenlight!

Since the last time I posted in this thread, the game has moved into full HD (1920x1080), gained several Languages and gained Win/Linux/Mac support. Here’s a sample of how it’s looking now:

The trailer has also made it on the video section of Adventure Gamers. Please check it out!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top