• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 13 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For the past 3 weeks, I’ve only been posting scenes from games I’ve played. This week, I’m going through some games I haven’t played, selecting scenes based on nothing more their looking interesting. Let me know if they actually are important in the game — and if I should beat myself up for not having played those games yet!

Of all the big Sierra series, Police Quest is the only one I haven’t played. So let’s see what we have here… Some woman in a bad state (maybe she got shot? probably we’ll have to figure out who did it…). Graphics using photos, with some extra elements poorly photoshopped in (or whatever that was called in the early 90s), such as the hospital logos on the guys’ shoulders, and some probably essential clue in the victim’s hand. And of course that guy on the right who, even at the time of the game’s release, must have looked like an ugly relic from the previous decade.

I’m sure I’m missing on some nice games, but, despite generally liking detective games, I still feel no desire to play Police Quest.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Eh… Kuru? Date again.  Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oops… Thanks! Smile

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 June 2012 10:53 AM

For the past 3 weeks, I’ve only been posting scenes from games I’ve played. This week, I’m going through some games I haven’t played, selecting scenes based on nothing more their looking interesting. Let me know if they actually are important in the game — and if I should beat myself up for not having played those games yet!

Of all the big Sierra series, Police Quest is the only one I haven’t played. So let’s see what we have here… Some woman in a bad state (maybe she got shot? probably we’ll have to figure out who did it…). Graphics using photos, with some extra elements poorly photoshopped in (or whatever that was called in the early 90s), such as the hospital logos on the guys’ shoulders, and some probably essential clue in the victim’s hand. And of course that guy on the right who, even at the time of the game’s release, must have looked like an ugly relic from the previous decade.

I’m sure I’m missing on some nice games, but, despite generally liking detective games, I still feel no desire to play Police Quest.

The photo-realistic imagery was rather cutting-edge at its time (I know it was rather impressive to me when I was a kid—when the game came out). As was the gritty nature of the game. A true classic—and the best Walls-era PQ game, IMHO. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. And the victim isn’t just some ordinary stabbing/shooting victim. The event in this scene really humanizes the series.

And I might be mistaken, but I believe the guy on the right is none other than Ken Williams.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top