• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 13 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

H.R. Giger kicks so much ass! I love his artwork; the scene above from Dark Seed 2 (1995) being one such example.

While the game isn’t all that great objectively speaking, I still kind of like the David Lynch like feel of the town and the puzzle interplay between the two worlds that was carried over from the first game. It has that weird and surreal atmosphere that I find rather appealing in games and the story has a psychological aspect that I enjoy as well.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This game has the most intense Dialogues EVER, ...
TOO much, i cant imagine that there is any other adventure that can beat it at this point .
talking about TLJ , huh you seen nothing ... but other than that the art works are totally great as Mr.Bastich said the story also is my kind meal.
it dont know it reminds me (not the story) the dark atmosphere of the of Alan Parker’s more Than David Lynch’s , tho Alan is more realistic than David whom is Surreal , but i am talking about how DSII refelecing on me my thoughts while watching/playing.. these feelings i had similar while watching like;Midnight Express,Angel Heart , Mississippi Burning ...etc , the locations Alan always used are always so depressing and i saw/felt this at DSII.. IMO

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bastich - 12 June 2013 11:13 PM

kind of like the David Lynch like feel of the town

Absolutely… I played it only once (now I can’t even remember if I managed to finish it) but it has that wonderful “sinister” atmosphere - there’re only two games that I think of when speaking of “David Lynch like feel” and “small town vibe” - Dark Seed 2 and Harvester (and partly The Black Mirror 2 in New England town).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

diego - 13 June 2013 06:14 PM

there’re only two games that I think of when speaking of “David Lynch like feel” and “small town vibe” - Dark Seed 2 and Harvester (and partly The Black Mirror 2 in New England town).

Harvester definitely takes the cake in that regard. I’ll have to cover that game some time in the future as an AGSotD…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top