• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 12 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I really enjoyed Morpheus (1998). Anything that involves poking around inside people’s heads is right up my alley, especially when there are carnies involved.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Morpheus has a eeriness to it that really creeped me out when I first played it.  It was not the ghosts but the atmosphere of the ship, a sudden surprise early in the game, and those claustrophobia inducing pods that created a tension I hadn’t experienced in a game up until that point.  (I really didn’t want to enter the empty pod for fear I’d be trapped.)  I also enjoyed the puzzles tremendously.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

So did I. Don’t be fooled that it’s not on AG’s Top 100 list.  It’s on my Top 50 list easily and I recommend this very highly.  Great puzzles within weird dreams within people’s heads.  Doesn’t get any better.

Play this!

Morpheus on Ebay

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

In my humble (and on most topics, waaaay out in left field) opinion, Morpheus is an outstanding game, easily in my Top 5 of all time. 

Without gushing overlong about the game and thus indulging in a great number of spoilers, I’ll simply say that if you like realistically flawed characters and a dark, original storyline, or if you played and enjoyed Zork Nemesis, then I can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t also enjoy Morpheus

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Another old game I will probably never get working on my PC. GOG really needs to get onto the task of making games like these compatible so we can play them again.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Finally, a game presented by Bastich that I have actually played! Tongue

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 12 June 2013 03:14 AM

Finally, a game presented by Bastich that I have actually played heard of! Tongue

Fix’d. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Oscar - 12 June 2013 01:47 AM

Another old game I will probably never get working on my PC. GOG really needs to get onto the task of making games like these compatible so we can play them again.

I’ve found it worthwhile to keep an older computer around specifically for playing older games that might not be compatible with newer systems.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Sage - 12 June 2013 05:36 AM

I’ve found it worthwhile to keep an older computer around specifically for playing older games that might not be compatible with newer systems.

I used to have one too, but really, there is no need any more since there are numerous emulators available for that thing (Virtual PC being perhaps the most popular).

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Sefir - 12 June 2013 03:14 AM

Finally, a game presented by Bastich that I have actually played! Tongue

Same for me. 

You’re doing a great job though.   Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sage - 12 June 2013 05:36 AM

you mean this Tongue

Image Attachments

166976407_6cb4c968-52a8-4c4d-af56-015a11af3c2c.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top