• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure giveaway thread

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

whoever wants Edna & Harvey 2 : Harvey New eyes , PM me.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

giom - 03 June 2013 02:04 AM

I’d love to get Dota 2.

You’ve got mail! Wink Hope you’ll enjoy it. I got many more of these, so if anyone wants, don’t hesitate to ask.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Thanks Dag!

If anyone wants I have still:
Time Gentlemen Please (Steam)
The Cat Lady (Desura)

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

giom - 04 June 2013 12:35 AM

Thanks Dag!

If anyone wants I have still:
Time Gentlemen Please (Steam)
The Cat Lady (Desura)

Oooh, The Cat Lady would be very nice! :-)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh man, I miss all the good ones! Well, horror adventures are better suited for horror fans anyway Smile

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-01-24

PM

Hi, I’ve gotten some deals from the discount thread and thought it’s time to give back.  If anyone’s interested I’ve got codes for [s]Dear Esther[/s], Defence Grid and A Valley Without Wind.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

I would love a key for Dear Esther.

(I might have extra keys for a couple of games myself, will check asap).

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-01-24

PM

PM sent.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Almost All Sierra’s Games/files that work under Scumm or Dosbox for anyone !

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Mustard - 09 June 2013 01:55 PM

PM sent.

Received, thanks a lot.

Jannik - 08 June 2013 05:38 PM

(I might have extra keys for a couple of games myself, will check asap).

When I checked my Humble Bundle account etc I found this in their FAQ (emphasis by me):

“If I already have a game(s) in the bundle do I have the ability to gift the extra copy in the bundle?

Unfortunately, if you already have a game in the bundle you will not be able to gift the extra games to a friend.

Please consider your bundle a “unit”, and not to share copies of the games or Steam keys from it.

If you’d like to give a copy of the games away, we have a system in place that allows you to buy a gift key from http://www.humblebundle.com so your friends can have access to direct downloads as well as any Steam or other keys we have included.”

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/243192-if-i-already-have-a-game-s-in-the-bundle-do-i-have-the-ability-to-gift-the-extra-copy-in-the-bundle-

I don’t know if it means it’s impossible to give away a key (then it must be a new thing or this thread wouldn’t exist), or if it simply means you’re not allowed to gift keys no matter what or just if you already own the game. But, anyway, since I own the games I had in mind, it’s probably better to not give away the keys and respect Humble Bundle and the game developers. It might even be illegal, not sure about that. Don’t know if the key I received from Mustard was from HB or not.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s weird, never read that. So you shouldn’t share the extra steam keys that you have? What’s wrong with that?
Do other charity bundle sites have the same policy?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 09 June 2013 09:56 PM

That’s weird, never read that. So you shouldn’t share the extra steam keys that you have? What’s wrong with that?
Do other charity bundle sites have the same policy?

Read Jackel answer to similar Question/issue at this thread ... as it kinda shows how its kinda of a gray matter whether its Steam or Adventureshop.
A Question about Adventure Shop

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 09 June 2013 10:03 PM

Read Jackel answer to similar Question/issue at this thread ... as it kinda shows how its kinda of a gray matter whether its Steam or Adventureshop.
A Question about Adventure Shop

But isn’t the Steam keys a bit different from sharing the Adventure Shop account? The bundles sell unique Steam keys that you can activate on a single Steam account. If one person already has the game I don’t see the problem with giving the license/copy to another person.
In the Adventure Shop example you posted it talks about sharing the same license with different persons (although I don’t think there’s a problem with that also).

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Many bundles have a bundle key too. For example the Telltale bundle had a Walking Dead key and the rest bunched up in one key.

I don’t really know if they also mean separate keys but it seems rather silly to get like a third copy of a game and not being allowed to give it to your friend. I kinda agree that the bundles are very cheap and everyone probably could buy their own, but hardly anyone buys the bundle to test one game anyway, so giving a key forward shouldn’t really hurt anyone.

Sharing an account is definitely a different thing.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

While it isn’t in the Humble Bundle spirit to give away your spare games, there’s nothing illegal or sinister about it. You can do what you please with your spare Steam keys and they can’t do anything about it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top