• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 08 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I have to say I find it pretty bizarre that this was corporate sponsored as the humor is a bit coarse at times. The game in question is Animal (1996) and is meant to be a sort of advertisement for a pork sausage snack called Peperami, a product of Unilever.

The game is definitely unique but the gameplay is a bit on the weak side to me. Its biggest problem is the two Doom sequences in the game. While killing things is really easy and I never felt like I was in any danger of dying, these sections are absolutely monstrous mazes. Even with the built-in automap, I think it took me about 90 minutes to get through the first one.

The worst part is that you cant save in these sequences either. I simply couldn’t stay up late enough to finish the final section and had to leave the game running for a good 20 hours before I could get back to it, hoping I wouldn’t be killed while I was away. It was either that or replay a good 30-40 minutes of maze hell.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Everything I’ve seen from the game makes it seem incredibly disturbing. I wonder what made them think they would sell more product if people saw them walking around talking?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top