• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 07 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

This is one of the shortest commercial adventure games I’ve ever played. It’s called Bad Milk (2000). It only took me about 30-40 minutes to finish.

Despite being a terrible bang for the buck, what’s there is actually pretty decent. The most notable part of the game involves having to navigate the game world with only sound as your guide, an idea that sounds dreadful at first, but is implemented so well that it wasn’t a problem at all.

There are a few simple puzzles and various other interactive scenes as well, but overall it’s more a piece of interactive art than a full blown adventure game. I liked what little content there was though.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Never heard of this one but the using sound for gameplay reminds me of a recent game that got kickstarted: Pulse
Interesting experience, not many games like these I think

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Never heard of this game either (again).

Can you tell a bit more about the use of sound as your guide? Is it noises in general or music, and how does it work?

I’m intrigued, it definitely sounds like a unique concept…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

wilco - 07 June 2013 04:10 AM

Never heard of this one

TimovieMan - 07 June 2013 01:06 PM

Never heard of this game either

Bad Milk featured ONCE & TWICE in the best thread these forums have, but you folks (apparently) don’t care about good threads.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That was before I was a member here… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 07 June 2013 02:25 PM

That was before I was a member here… Wink

There’s no rule against browsing (great) threads before one became a member here.
Wink  Wink

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

TimovieMan - 07 June 2013 01:06 PM

Never heard of this game either (again).

Can you tell a bit more about the use of sound as your guide? Is it noises in general or music, and how does it work?

I’m intrigued, it definitely sounds like a unique concept…

The sequence plays out just like you are blind. If you try to walk in a direction you can’t, you will bump into the wall. All the noises in the environments are natural ambiance and there is only music if an area you go into happens to have music playing there, just like in real life.

It’s actually pretty cool. Much like how your imagination fills in the visuals when you read a book, your mind does the same when you only have sound.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

This is certainly an idea I’d love to see expanded upon in a game with higher production values. A first person game with a sequence in the dark, or where you’re temporarily blinded, could be very cool.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I love all these weird games you’re posting, Bastich (along with the positive tone). Definitely need to fill out my library with some of these oddities.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 June 2013 11:28 PM

A first person game with a sequence in the dark, or where you’re temporarily blinded, could be very cool.

Interesting thought. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

You guys really need to visit the main site more. Tongue

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I don’t want an entire game like that, Jack, just bits and pieces here and there - and the experience needs to be top notch!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 09 June 2013 06:12 PM

I don’t want an entire game like that, Jack, just bits and pieces here and there - and the experience needs to be top notch!

I agree with Kasper that I’d like to see that as an added bit of gameplay at some plot-specific point in a game, not as a full game. And it should also be PC compatible, not iOS only… Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top