• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 05 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Today’s scene is from The Journey Down: Chapter One (2012).

Personally, I think integrating African tribal masks into the character design of this game was pure genius. The voice acting and music was pretty good as well.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed this very much, but it was really short.  I’m not sure if I’m diggin’ this episodic thing….Mon’

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yea mann !.. great chapter ..
wish they start to finish the story and give chapter 2

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Bastich - 04 June 2013 10:42 PM

Personally, I think integrating African tribal masks into the character design of this game was pure genius.

It might have been if Grim Fandango didn’t come up with the idea first. It doesn’t take a genius to shift continents.

I was disappointed in the game. It looked mouth watering but genius is exactly what it lacked, that spark of inspiration which GF had in every scene.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie - 04 June 2013 10:52 PM

yea mann !.. great chapter ..
wish they start to finish the story and give chapter 2

Me too mon’  Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick? Get what I mean mon’?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yeah! .. those Questions (almost) did cost someone his life .... or a least losing 2 fingers.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve bought this but haven’t had time to play it yet. But I agree, the design is very appealing and memorable.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I really enjoyed this. Beatiful scenery and great voice acting. But it was over so quickly. Any news on the next chapter? It’s been awfully long since chapter one was released.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 05 June 2013 11:08 AM

I really enjoyed this. Beatiful scenery and great voice acting. But it was over so quickly. Any news on the next chapter? It’s been awfully long since chapter one was released.

Quoted because that was exactly what i was planning to write.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Zifnab - 04 June 2013 11:00 PM

It might have been if Grim Fandango didn’t come up with the idea first. It doesn’t take a genius to shift continents.

What does being first have to do with anything? By that logic, Fight Club deserves no credit as a film because its premise and twist ending had already been done 79 years earlier in The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

That said, my comment wasn’t meant to be taken literally anyway. I was just saying I really liked how the game looks.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Bastich - 05 June 2013 10:52 PM
Zifnab - 04 June 2013 11:00 PM

What does being first have to do with anything? By that logic, Fight Club deserves no credit as a film because its premise and twist ending had already been done 79 years earlier in The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Exactly right. And by the same logic the invention of the bicycle deserves more credit than the invention of the pink bicycle after it. Is there a problem here?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top