• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 30 May 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Day 3 and the last Inscape adventure game (Kurufinwe already covered The Dark Eye). Though all their games were flawed, primarily in the gameplay department, the games they chose to publish were all very unique and highly creative and I wish they would have had the opportunity to publish more.

As you can see, this is the screenshot from which I got my forum avatar and it’s from Drowned God: Conspiracy of the Ages (1996), another bizarre and surrealist romp based predominantly around UFO mythology.

Unlike their other games, this one has a distinct focus on puzzles, most of them stand-alone logic puzzles, and hence is reminiscent of games like The 7th Guest or Shivers. As someone who really likes puzzles, this is definitely my favorite Inscape product from a pure gameplay perspective.

It’s story is the least interesting of the bunch intellectually though. While I’m an X-Files fan and like conspiracy theory stuff (for entertainment), it just doesn’t get you thinking like the other games do.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Bastich, does the game’s graphics give the same feeling of fear like the ones in the Dark Eye? The screenshot is very promising.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Sefir - 30 May 2013 11:03 AM

Bastich, does the game’s graphics give the same feeling of fear like the ones in the Dark Eye? The screenshot is very promising.

No. This isn’t a horror game at all. I guess I might have made it seem that way considering the games I compared it to, but I was only referring to gameplay style in that comparison.

This screenshot is of a machine in a sort of sideshow attraction like environment called the The Theater of Memories and the person it tells you about is Aleister Crowley, hence the dark theme being portrayed. The rest of the game takes place in Mayan ruins, Stonehenge, on a submarine, in a diner and other such unscary places.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top