• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Charley keeps playing… Part 1

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

As I saw that at least 2 people were into playing with me, This is a continuation for the first riddle that was mostly solved already.
This time, we’re going to play a much more fun game. This time you need to be a real Sherlock just like in the old Text adventures. Think of this as an RP game, where you are the investigators and I… give you the clues and the hints… if you know where too look.

Your job: to find the serial killer. The more interest and teamwork you’ll show, the more likely you are to succeed. When you want to direct a question at me, just start your post with “GM question:”. for example: “Gm question: I want a list of all the factories that produce the kind of water-pipe i found in the scene of the crime”.
The idea is that you are going to do what you like in the investigative adventure games only this time… you play against a human mind Smile
Have fun. Here we go:

A body of a woman was found in whitechappel. She was apperantly strangled and then gutted. Knife marks were shown on her neck. Date of death: 30-april-2012. Body found: around 3:45 AM. Blood was all over the place. Near the body they found a clean knife, short blade, a butcher’s knife and a letter:
“Don’t name me like you did him,
I’m much better.
A better day I chose,
Like my favorite - hitler
Now guess when I will kill next
maybe even the person or the place
Take his without the one that I did
and you maybe catch me in the deed”.

remember, that you can ask me any questions. You can ask any YES/NO question you will like and I will answer. You can ask to interview people you think you need info from (weather fictional, real, dead or alive). I might say that the person is unavailable.
Over all it’s free-style and you’ll have to play the game in order to see how it goes Grin good luck.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Wow this is fantastic! Brilliant idea!
I’ve watched dozens of crime shows. Now let’s see if I’m any good a detective myself…

Okay first questions. Pretty obvious all but I want to see if I got the rules right. I’ll come up with something brilliant later. Or (probably) not.

Anyway:
GM question: Was the vicitim a prostitute?
GM question: Were the knife marks on her neck inflicted post mortem?
GM question: Did the knife found near the victim match any of the wounds inflicted on the body?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM question: Was the name of the victim Mary Ann Nichols
GM question: was the body discovered by a man named Charles Cross?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM question: Was the body discovered at Buck’s Row?
GM question: Did the victim have her throat slit?
GM question: Were there also shallower incisions across the abdomen?

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Hmm, not sure I understand how the investigation works, but I would like to try, and I’d like to try a bit more of a technical approach

GM question: Was there blood on the short blade found next to the body?
GM: What about the butcher’s knife?
GM: Since we’re in 2012, I assume I can send stuff to CSI and DNA-testing so; Was there any blood that did not match the victim on the swabs taken from the area?
GM: Was there any DNA or fingerprints on the note left by the body?
GM: How about trace finds on the body?

General: Since I didn’t participate in the previous games I’d like to just write out what I get from the note:
Don’t name me like him seems to reference Jack the Ripper, and “a better day” might be a reference to a significant date in Jack’s history?
30. April is Hitler’s suicide day (which seems like a weird day to choose if you honour your “favourite”, but), and the rest of the note seems to hint that we at least should think that his next murder is linked to a date significant for Hitler.
The sentence “take his without the one that I did” confuses me.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Panthera - 11 June 2012 10:50 PM

30. April is Hitler’s suicide day (which seems like a weird day to choose if you honour your “favourite”, but), and the rest of the note seems to hint that we at least should think that his next murder is linked to a date significant for Hitler.

Actually I have the feeling the date of his next murder will have nothing to do with Hitler but will be the date of another famous suicide or death. Possibly by a right wing extremist.

Also since we’re sharing thoughts: what very much intrigues me is the time the body was found. It’s the exact same time as the first cannonical Jack the Ripper victim Mary Ann Nichols. To me that’s too much of a coincedence. So I think whoever claims to have found the body might very well be the killer or at least has been coached by him.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

GM question: Was the vicitim a prostitute? - According to people living in the surrounding of the murder scene, yes - the victim used to be a prostitue, but not in the last ten years.

GM question: Were the knife marks on her neck inflicted post mortem? - Accoring to the mourge report - yes.

GM question: Did the knife found near the victim match any of the wounds inflicted on the body? - According to police report - No. Here is the description of the knife accroding to the police report… turns out it’s not a butcher’s knife:
“This is the Brusletto Fisker’n (The Fisherman” fillet knife.
It measures 9 7/8” overall with a 4 3/4” convex-ground Sandvik 12c27 stainless blade”

GM question: Was the name of the victim Mary Ann Nichols - no. Her name was Angy Macus.

GM question: was the body discovered by a man named Charles Cross? - No. It was found by Mark Corner, A street worker.

GM question: Was the body discovered at Buck’s Row? - Yes

GM question: Did the victim have her throat slit? - Yes

GM question: Were there also shallower incisions across the abdomen? - Yes

GM question: Was there blood on the short blade found next to the body? - No. read the above Police report.

GM: What about the butcher’s knife? - It isn’t a butcher’s knife after all. It’s a fisherman’s knife, oftenly used by butchers.

GM: Since we’re in 2012, I assume I can send stuff to CSI and DNA-testing so; Was there any blood that did not match the victim on the swabs taken from the area? - YES! The amount of blood found on the scene didn’t match the fact that the victim was already dead when the cuts in the throat and abdominal sections were made! CSI work says that the murderer must have been going through great effort in order to “spray” the blood as it found on the scene. Apperantly it was mixed with a little bit of unidentified blood of another person. DNA search is on the works but nothing was found yet.

GM: Was there any DNA or fingerprints on the note left by the body? - No. Which suggest that both knife and letter were placed AFTER the blood was “sprayed”.

GM: How about trace finds on the body? - Read the above answers. Besides that, the police couldn’t find anything. You are welcome to look on the body for specifics yourself.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Now since I see there is much interest in the game, more than the previous one, and it is suppose to be fun and not frustrating, Here is another rule in the game:
You get to call upon a HINT. If anyone says: HINT, I give a clue regarding to something that can advance you in the case. Be careful: the more people use the HINT system, the little those hints will help you! Overuse will cause unsolvable riddles as answers or just something you already knew. Smart use will cause hints that will advance you far further down the road to catching the killer.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM question: I wish to speak to Mark Corner
GM question: I want a list of all the fishermen in the greater London area
GM question: I want a list of all the shops that sell fisherman’s knives in the greater London area

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

GM: I’d like to search her clothes and see if I find anything
GM: Was she found without ID, wallet, phone, purse, etc?
GM: If not I’d like an inventory of her items.

GM: If she was found without any items I’d like to search the nearby area for her stuff. Are there any dumpsters around? Anywhere else you could hide/throw away a purse?

GM: Was the body hidden? Or left out in plain view?

GM: Have CSI determined what kind of knife DID make the damage?

GM: I’d like to talk to some kind of expert on mass murderers, the police should have one, and hear if the spraying of blood has been seen before.

GM: And I want to talk to Scotland Yard to see if they have heard any right wing chatter or increased activity lately.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

GM question: I wish to speak to Mark Corner - if you want a ny specific question you need to ellaborate. Otherwise you get general sensable information of the witenesses.
Mark found the body near an entrance to a warehouse in back row in whitechapel just like Jack the ripper’s victim, Anny was found. The area is quite lit and not as deserted as in history so it is puzzling that the murderer could find the time to do the ceremony, in mark’s opinion. Mark is 67 years old, working for city hall in cleaning the streets and live a normative life style with his wife and kids. He says he immidiately called the police as he knows not to touch anything. He galdly gives his cell phone number and offer to help in any way he can with information. Asked about his cool reaction to the visions on the scene he says that at his age he saw enough and that he served in the british army. Police verified this as correct.

GM question: I want a list of all the fishermen in the greater London area
Police says this will take sometime and even when the list will be produced it will be very long to inspect. Maybe being more specific will help.

GM question: I want a list of all the shops that sell fisherman’s knives in the greater London area
Police says it’s irrelevant since most likely the knife was bought on the internet, much harder to trace. But never the less gives you three names of known knives shop that sells the type of knife that found on the scene:
Knife shop A
Knife shop B
Knife shop C

GM: I’d like to search her clothes and see if I find anything
According to pictures you see of the scene, her skirt was lifted probably in order to perform the abdominal insetions. No sexsual act was performed. No blood stains on her cloths, no tear or signs of struggle.

GM: Was she found without ID, wallet, phone, purse, etc?
Apperantly a ring was missing from her left hand. It’s known that the victim was not married.

GM: If not I’d like an inventory of her items.
The victim has no Cellphone registered on her name. She was probably a poor prositute. the ID was found on the body verifying she is Angy Macus, age 43, resident of whitechappel. No wallet was found but only a purse containing lipstick, the ID, a small bottle of liquir and some 23 quids. She also had a pack of siggarettes, tear-gas can, a small swiss knife probably for protection.

GM: If she was found without any items I’d like to search the nearby area for her stuff. Are there any dumpsters around? Anywhere else you could hide/throw away a purse?
Returning to the crime scene you find it was cleaned and thus nothing could be found there. You also conclude that there are no place to hide anything even though just to be sure - you searched the nearby sewer grates… YUCK!

GM: Was the body hidden? Or left out in plain view?
Plain view. According to Mark it’s wierd no one saw it earlier than he did. He says that the murder must took place very close to the time he found the body.

GM: Have CSI determined what kind of knife DID make the damage?
A butcher’s knife.

GM: I’d like to talk to some kind of expert on mass murderers, the police should have one, and hear if the spraying of blood has been seen before.
The expret says this is clearly a recreation of Jack’s first murder of the “canonic five”. Though the blood spraying and the knife and letter found on the scene doesn’t match the MO of jack, the expert thinks that our killer is improving Jack’s ways. Unlike jack, our murderer is defenately in it for the game. No other serial killer “sprayed” the blood of his victim post mortem.

GM: And I want to talk to Scotland Yard to see if they have heard any right wing chatter or increased activity lately.
Nothing out of the ordinary, the usual crimes and murders. You’ll have to be more specific.

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

So, lit area, plain view, and the victim had several protection gadgets she didn’t get to use..

Is it possible the body was dumped?

GM: Can the mortician reexamine the body and see if any marks have appeared on the body, like blood movement from moving the body after it was dead, and rope marks or something?

GM: How much blood had the body lost? If any?

GM: What is the official cause of death?

I find it interesting that most if not all the cuts were post-mortem. Could this mean the killer is less brutal and psychopathic than the killers he’s trying to emulate?

GM: Can we find out what kind of ring she had, is there residue on her finger pointing to alloy-type, like gold, silver?
GM: Can CSI recreate a 3D-view of the ring to see if it has any distinctive shapes?

Also, I need a shower from the sewer diving..

Edit: Oh yeah, we’re in 2012.. GM: I’d like to check surveillance cameras from the Whitechapel area and especially Buck’s row the hours leading up to the death and after.
I’d like special focus on any suspicious vehicles near the time of death, and if we can confirm our eye witness’ testimony. When did he arrive at the scene, did he really not touch anything, and when did he call the police.
A warehouse district should have some cameras nearby..

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

GM: Can the mortician reexamine the body and see if any marks have appeared on the body, like blood movement from moving the body after it was dead, and rope marks or something?
None such existed. It is positive that the murder took place on the scene and without struggle. The lack of any witness to a cry or scream for help is as well puzzling.

GM: How much blood had the body lost? If any?
A lot, but none from the wounds. It was as if the body was drained of blood by other meassures and then sprayed intentionally and then only after this was done, the cuts were preformed. estimated time for all of this to take - about 7-15 minutes.

GM: What is the official cause of death?
Strungglation

GM: Can we find out what kind of ring she had, is there residue on her finger pointing to alloy-type, like gold, silver?
Simple tin ring. the 23 quids in her purse worth more than the ring that was taken.

GM: Can CSI recreate a 3D-view of the ring to see if it has any distinctive shapes?
Not from the evidence collected. Sorry.

GM: I’d like to check surveillance cameras from the Whitechapel area and especially Buck’s row the hours leading up to the death and after.
From going through the surveillance videos you conquer that Mark found the body at the time he claimed, though you can’t see him founding it, you can see him starting to work in the surrounding around 3:30AM. You gain a fotage of him at all the time from 3:30am to 3:41AM in one of the streets close by still cleaning. Unfortunately no camera cought the scene of the murder in that time. From other videos you conclude that the area was not abandoned, as people were present at near by streets, 2-3 blocks away and should have heard or see signed of struggle if such occured. There was no way for the murderer to drag the body to the scene without any of the cameras capturing it. You get a got image of the victim, Angy Macus, entering the ally of buck row around 3:36AM. You see no one else entering or leaving the scene.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM: Did any of the knife shops sell the knife found at the scene?(I think I know the answer but it can’t hurt to be extra thorough)
GM: Can I have a list of websites that sell the knife found at the scene?
GM: Are there any fish auctions in the greater London area?
GM: Were there any needle marks on the body?
GM: Did anyone enter the alley at Buck’s Row before 3:36AM?

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

GM: Did any of the knife shops sell the knife found at the scene?(I think I know the answer but it can’t hurt to be extra thorough)
All of them sell that kind of knife. It’s a very known knife of a known steel company

GM: Can I have a list of websites that sell the knife found at the scene?
When you ask aorund the shops all of them talk about this website:
http://www.worldknives.com/types/culinary-knives-4.html
the knife found on the scene is BRU14002, the first one on the list.

GM: Are there any fish auctions in the greater London area?
Almost all the time near the Themes.

GM: Were there any needle marks on the body?
The mourge report says nothing about needles, though a plausible injuries could be made in the places where the cuts were made with the blade. These cuts could easily replace a previous injury or penetration that was caused by needles.

GM: Did anyone enter the alley at Buck’s Row before 3:36AM?
According to the videos no on besides the victim entered the ally between 3:30AM to 3:45AM, when Mark found the body.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM: I know the police frequently employs computer experts so is there a way of finding out if anyone bought the BRU14002 recently from worldknives? And if so is it possible to see if they are from the UK or not? And in the best case scenario. Can we track down the IP adress of said person(s)?

GM: Is it also possible to acquire footage from before 3:30AM?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top