• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 11 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For the past 3 weeks, I’ve only been posting scenes from games I’ve played. This week, I’m going through some games I haven’t played, selecting scenes based on nothing more their looking interesting. Let me know if they actually are important in the game — and if I should beat myself up for not having played those games yet!

I thought Black Dahlia was some sort of Noir FMV game, but there clearly seems to be more to it than that: there’s a spooky radioactive sarcophagus! I’ve actually wanted to play this game for a while. I, erm, acquired it a couple of years ago, but couldn’t get it to work on my computer. Confused

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

That particular scene is important and is also bloody difficult to complete!

You have to put something into his hands and what that is is very difficult to construct plus you have to view through the sarcophagus which isn’t easy either.

Black Dahlia is one of the most difficult games I’ve ever played (still have the discs) and one puzzle I’ve never managed to complete - ever! It’s fair for sure but…..
Thankfully there are cheat codes.

Whilst it’s one of the most difficult it is also in my top 5, probably at No 2. And there are two different endings albeit based on just one decision at the very end.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I wish GOG will release Black Dahlia soon, along with Ripper.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m also hoping for GoG release but I might be trying out my shiny and new VirtualBox with the BD game - if I ever have the time.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Black Dahlia is a beautiful and really difficult game. The puzzle with this pic must have been horrible since I’ve completely forgotten it. I actually don’t even recognize the pic.  Confused

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jelena - 11 June 2012 02:34 PM

Black Dahlia is a beautiful and really difficult game. The puzzle with this pic must have been horrible since I’ve completely forgotten it. I actually don’t even recognize the pic.  Confused

It’s after that underground maze and you arrive at the sarcophagus (I think. Long time since I played it). Think of a wire framework and a lot of runes. You had to arrange some stonework on the sarcophagus so you could look through from one end to the other. You nearly die when the german soldiers catch up with you once you’ve activated the sarcophagus.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Black Dahlia….perhaps the most difficult adventure game ever existed in my opinion…so many memories most of them good and painful at the same time… (And rightly so! It took me more than 6 months to finish the game!!). Good game, but too hard. Compared to BD’s riddles, Riven’s marble puzzle is a very simple one…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top