• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

There’s a kid by the name of Malachi Rector on Facebook. Looks like a real profile, made by his parents or relatives.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Martin Gantefoehr - 16 May 2013 10:00 AM

There’s a kid by the name of Malachi Rector on Facebook. Looks like a real profile, made by his parents or relatives.

Hahaha…touche.  You know, I would totally play a daycare adventure game starring that Malachi Rector.  That’d be sweet.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Have email codes been sent yet for Ep 3?

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Our store just now went live, so the notifications will be coming soon. Smile

Also, we’re broadcasting in just a few mins!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Episode 3 is live, AND we’re having a sale in our store for the 24 hours!

- Episode 3 will come with 5 bonus songs ($9.99)
- Season Pass is discounted to $19.99 (reg. $29.99)
- Episode 3 & 4 Upgrade Bundle is discounted to $9.99 (reg. $14.99)

Enjoy, and enjoy episode 3!

New trailer as well:

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Can’t wait to play it but am having problems downloading it and it’s using up my download attempts. They were timing out then I downloaded a download manager and it completed it but I get a “Source file is corrupted” error while trying to install it. Meh

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Yeah, we got kind of slammed all of a sudden! It should be easier to DL without interruption a little later on. But if you need your download counter reset, just email help (at) postudios (dot) com and we’ll take care of it for you, no problem.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

KatieHal - 16 May 2013 05:37 PM

Yeah, we got kind of slammed all of a sudden! It should be easier to DL without interruption a little later on. But if you need your download counter reset, just email help (at) postudios (dot) com and we’ll take care of it for you, no problem.

The download link in my RainDG email appears to be a dead link.  Is this the same issue or is something else going on?  Thanks.

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

I’m not sure what the situation is at RainDG. But if you forward your receipt to the help email address, we can get you a coupon code for getting it from our store (where it is slow right now, granted, but we can help you out as needed).

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Katie, I’ve managed to successfully download it twice now (once after an ‘updated version’ email was sent out) but both times I’ve gotten these errors (got further through the installation the second time but again it popped up). Any idea? I’ve used a lot of bandwidth to download it twice and half-download several times so hopefully can get an idea of what is wrong before I try again:

i.imgur.com/4eonu0u.jpg (if I click ignore the error re-appears in relation to another file)

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Hey Stuart,

Sorry to hear that! I’ve asked our tech people about this—my suspicion is that it’s coming from the downloads being interrupted since a whole lot of people are trying to download right now. But I will update here with what I hear from them as well.

That second update notification was about the Mac files being added (there was a delay on those due to an error that came up last minute).

UPDATE: Confirmed, this error is from not getting the complete file downloaded. Unfortunately all I can say is to give it another try, maybe by now the weight on the servers has calmed down some more. If you end up needing your download counter reset, just email help (at) postudios (dot) com and we can take care of that.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2006-04-30

PM

Just started episode 3 earlier today and I’m really liking it so far. Strong start for this episode. At least I know what I’ll be doing this weekend.  Smile

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Is Episode 4 the last episode? I can’t wait to play this game but I don’t do well with waiting between episodes so I won’t play until all episodes are released!

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Haha, yep, Episode 4 is the last one. Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

I just finished the episode, and I liked it once more. It still has some of the same troubles as the earlier releases, but I really liked the interaction between past and future here, and the final scene with Cordelia and Max was well done.

One of the things that really stood out, however, was the amount of glitches and bugs I encountered. Sometimes after a vision or a change of perspective, the screen acts weird for example, and the notebook that was earlier in McAdams’ hand was suddenly floating around behind his back during my conversation with him in the hallway. But the most serious bug was the one towards the end where the number pad would glitch out once Max entered a sequence. A second 1 and 4 button appeared next to the 4 and 7 and it became impossible to read any of the inputs when using her power as the buttons weren’t pressed. Saving and reloading helped, but the bug reappeared after each sequence. There were also many errors in the subs, but those were only midly distracting.

So as a whole this episode felt less polished than its predecessors, but it was as compelling as ever and it once again a great new idea to the series. There were also some nice puzzles in there. Nothing really challenging, mind you, but enjoyable. 

Oh yeah, there was one particularly silly scene where Keith asked Ophelia to get the Orrery (why doesn’t he get it?) and she actually stores the enormous thing somewhere in a pocket dimension beneath her clothes… or that’s what I presume that she has hidden under there, because it just disappears. This is of course not an uncommon thing in adventures, but it felt really off here. It’s less jarring in comedy/fantasy adventures. Also, I’m not clear as to how the orrery is back up again after Max catches Keith and Cordelia in the act and yells them out of his office

Edit: one more thing. The release came completely out of the blue for me. Earlier this week I was kind of wondering when the next episode would be released as I hadn’t really heard anything about it, so when I checked the news headlines on the frontpage it really came as a pleasant surprise that the episode was already out. And then I had to go on and complete it on the same day… episode 4 next week, please!!! 
  Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top