• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

I really like all the mystery in this game Smile
There a is person who knows Erica’s abilities… who is he and why he doing this to Erica? What does he want from her?

I can’t wait to find out Smile

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

I really enjoyed the first episode but I am pleased to note that I am not the only one who forces themself to wait until the entire series has been released. It hurts like hell but I tend to play too many other games in between and as such some of the details tend to go a bit gray. 
Foot in mouth

One question though, do real FBI agents swear as much as Erica?
Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

RayB - 22 March 2013 05:36 PM

One question though, do real FBI agents swear as much as Erica?
Grin

I think that Erica has a reason to act like this. She’s too involved with the case of The Cain Killer, and the death of her brother Scott is very difficult to her. She seems tough, but deep inside I’m sure she is very sad and sensitive.
I like her character very much Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So I have to ask. I just finished the first episode, does the game get better, as the story was horribly cliched and not in a good way. I bursted out laughing in a couple of scenes in which I’m pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to. The opening bit was like straight out from a bad horror movie. And as I’m not a huge fan of the chosen character art style either, I’m wondering if there’s any reason to go further?

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Adventurequests - 22 March 2013 07:06 PM

I think that Erica has a reason to act like this. She’s too involved with the case of The Cain Killer, and the death of her brother Scott is very difficult to her. She seems tough, but deep inside I’m sure she is very sad and sensitive.
I like her character very much Smile

Good point. I just hope that her emotions and such don’t become too much of an obstacle, although I assume the writers have already taken that into consideratedtion. To me it would be a nice touch provided the duration of the series is substancial enough and includes pertinent elements for her to get some real closure, not only for her naturally, but also as well for the player’s own sense of sensitivity and perception. But then again that’s just speculation on my part.
Meh

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

tomimt - 22 March 2013 07:42 PM

So I have to ask. I just finished the first episode, does the game get better, as the story was horribly cliched and not in a good way. I bursted out laughing in a couple of scenes in which I’m pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to. The opening bit was like straight out from a bad horror movie. And as I’m not a huge fan of the chosen character art style either, I’m wondering if there’s any reason to go further?

Only played the first one but the episode 2 review said the writing was just as bad though the game was better in a few other areas. So if you didn’t like the first you’d probably be advised to steer clear - I did.

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

Hello Katie,
It’s been exactly two months since episode 2 is out.
Today is 30.3.13 and EP2 was out in 30.1.13.

Does episode 3 has a release date? Smile

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Not yet, but we hope to have one we can announce soon Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2006-04-30

PM

KatieHal - 03 April 2013 11:45 AM

Not yet, but we hope to have one we can announce soon Smile

Excellent news. Really looking forward to the third one.  Smile

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Thanks! So are we Smile

So, it was recently announced that the next Steam Greenlight date is on April 17th—Cognition is still holding strong in the 50s, but we would LOVE to get a boost and finally get on Steam! If you enjoyed the game or would be more interested in it if were available on Steam, or even just want to help us out, we’d appreciate it hugely if we you could up-vote us and help us spread the word Smile

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746

Also! Episodes 1 & 2 are now on sale for 25% off at Desura, from now through the end of the month!

http://www.desura.com/games/cognition-episode-1-the-hangman
http://www.desura.com/games/cognition-episode-2-the-wise-monkey

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

Hello Katie,

It’s almost the end of April and there’s still no release date for EP3.

I’m sad Frown

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

We still don’t have an exact date, but we are planning to release in May, I can tell you that much. Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Good news!!

Cognition Episode 3: The Oracle has a release date! Next week, on Thursday May 16th, we will be launching the episode and celebrating with a live launch party!

Join us at our YouTube channel at 11 AM PST/2 PM EST for a Google Hangout with the directors, designers, and special guest composer Austin Haynes where we’ll take your questions, talk about the Episode and have some exclusive giveaways!

Oh, and did we mention that in this episode you’ll not only find out who the killer is, but you’ll be playing as them as well? Smile Check out the new teaser trailer and let us know who YOU think the killer is!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Awesome news!  Can’t wait.  Have really enjoyed the first two eps.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeaaaah

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top