• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 7 May 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Companions of Xanth is yet another Legend game I should play someday. Clearly it likes atrocious puns.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’ve not played the game myself but it has to be based on the books by Piers Anthony, a number of which I’ve read. And the books are full of awful puns!

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LOL Hot-dog,where do find those Games Mr.Kuru Wink

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Advie - 07 May 2013 12:02 PM

where do find those Games Mr.Kuru Wink

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/legend-entertainment-company/developed-by/list-games/

Tongue

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love lame puns - the more the merrier, and the lamer and more atrocious they are, the better!

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 May 2013 12:24 PM

I love lame puns - the more the merrier, and the lamer and more atrocious they are, the better!

In which case Kasper I can heartily recommend the books. You may also enjoy the “Ronan The Barbarian” series by James Bibby - although no adventure game has ever been based on those (just to keep on thread Innocent ).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Jabod - 07 May 2013 12:52 PM

In which case Kasper I can heartily recommend the books. You may also enjoy the “Ronan The Barbarian” series by James Bibby - although no adventure game has ever been based on those (just to keep on thread Innocent ).

Ronan the Barbarian - is it a parody? I love puns, but I hate parodies. There’s nothing worse!

I know, I’m weird like that Tongue

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 May 2013 01:15 PM
Jabod - 07 May 2013 12:52 PM

Ronan the Barbarian - is it a parody? I love puns, but I hate parodies. There’s nothing worse!

I know, I’m weird like that Tongue

Sort of but not really Kasper. It’s more in the style of Cohen The Barbarian from Discworld fame except Ronan is young, black and dreadlocked. The trilogy stands up by itself with a fairly reasonable story-line. They’ll never win any awards but they are fun if you like that sort of thing.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I really want to play some of the Legend games. I really hope that they will be released on GOG soon, as I assume they will be to hard to start in their current DOS version. I hate downloading a game and then find big issues starting the game.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

They’re DOS games. They work perfectly with DOSBox.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

OK, thanks, sounds good. Where can I download them legally from a trustworthy site? FYI, I can not download from Amazon, since I live in Australia, and I need a US account for that.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I may be wrong but I don’t think they are available legally in digital form.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Just send some money to Bob Bates and download it illegally. I’m sure he’ll appreciate it more than you not playing it at all.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

You can find it here: [Link removed] for 1,40 euros (CD iso download) as well as “Shannara” and “Death Gate” - this one is a must have.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve been reading through the Magic of Xanth books, mostly in order, and have just started #14.  They are great fun, and the puns are delicious.  I’d love to play Companions of Xanth.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UruBoo - 09 May 2013 09:23 AM

You can find it here: [link removed] for 1,40 euros (CD iso download) as well as “Shannara” and “Death Gate” - this one is a must have.

Maybe I’m completely wrong but are they charging for the illegal isos? If that is a option might be better to get them for free…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top