• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Question for someone who’s played Chains of Satinav

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is the fact that Nuri turns into a bird at the end a big spoiler?

Seems like it would be, but I want to verify with someone who’s played it.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah I would consider it the spoiler of all spoilers.

Why?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it would be considered a BIG spoiler as that she did not make back ,and Geron had Failed , he couldn’t kill her or return her to her world, instead she is the one Sacrificed with herself .

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Yep, definitely a spoiler. I, for one, didn’t see it coming and I thought it was what actually gave the ending its charm and resonance.

No good deed goes unpunished

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

maladroid - 01 May 2013 08:06 PM

Yep, definitely a spoiler. I, for one, didn’t see it coming and I thought it was what actually gave the ending its charm and resonance.

yup Too Dramatic for a (imo) light game, unless the developers thought otherwise,... but even if the story itself had a deep concept , it wasn’t represented well.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

When taken completely out of context, its not a huge spoiler because you’ll have no idea how that fits into the overall plot. (though if you keep reading the other spoiler messages in this thread, you’ll get spoiled more and more Tongue).
But yes, it is what happens at the end, and apparently the new game takes up from that point in some way.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Yeah, that’s why I was asking. It’s a plot point in the new game Memoria and the PR guy told me without saying if it would be considered a spoiler or not. (I haven’t played the first game.) So I was curious.

I guess that can be a problem in any sequel, though. Like GK2 gives away that Wolfgang died in GK1 - I played them out of order so I just knew that was coming.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahhh..
I think its no Big Deal we all watched and loved Skywalker at the new episodes when already knew that he turns to the dark side a becomes the Darth Vader i remember something S.K wrote something at the end in of the Dark Tower vol.7 if you came that far after reading more than 3000 Pages and only caring about the ending and Roland’s fate then you had better skipped all the pages and turned to the last one , it all about the story not the ending.

and we will play Memoria even if knew Nuri didn’t make it, maybe it would have been a real spoiler if the game Chains of Satinav stands alone but now with Memoria on the horizon , hell!, it will be even a motive to play Chains(forthose who did not)in order to move on to the next Part ,(Imo,IMO)

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Actually, the fact that Nuri is a raven in the new game is not necessarily a spoiler for Satinav. It could very well be a development that happens between games or even at the start of Memoria.

Daedalic themselves trumpeted that detail quite clearly when announcing the sequel (as I did in AG’s news), so it’s clearly not meant to be a state secret. Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I still think it is a spoiler though, but it is properly an unavoidable spoiler, and as Fov said: I guess that can be a problem in any sequel,

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top