• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Introduction Thread

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

Hello illustrious forumers! I didn’t see an introduction thread, so I decided to make one! *hopes the gods of the forum give her points for initiative and don’t ban her* Tongue I’m Deloria, I’m 20, deeply interested in history and philology, and I love adventure games. My favourite ones include The Book of Unwritten Tales, Tales of Monkey Island, Monkey Island, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller and Sam and Max seasons 1-3 by Telltale. I respond well to most things, but badly to spiders and pointy things. Tongue

I HAVE A LAUREL! Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome, Deloria!

It’s my privilige to extend a laurel and hearty handshake to our new… member! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

Hey Deloria, nice to see you. Hope you enjoy it here Grin

Love Monkey Island and Sam&Max; as well, even have the books

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

Oh, and everything Jane Jensen does is obviously brilliant. XD

I deeply appreciate the laurel and the hearty handshake. I shall wear them in my signature with pride. Tongue

I HAVE A LAUREL! Grin

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Welcome Deloria

There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn’t come because you murdered him.

Only kidding of course the party is just through here… I believe there is cake.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

Would…would my parents have been there? *quiet sob*

I HAVE A LAUREL! Grin

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-04

PM

Deloria, I see you joined in 2006. And now an introduction thread in 2013.
I’m still not sure if this thread is some sort of funny stuff…

Anyway… I’m the new guy Smile

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hi new guy! Smile

Welcome to the forums and have fun with all the adventure gaming goodness. Most people are pretty cool here so get stuck in!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-04-27

PM

Hello everyone I just joined so I thought it would be nice to introduce myself first.

I am PC only gamer and my favorite game is The longest journey, with Riven and Monkey island coming little behind it.From more recent games my favorites are Sam and Max series, Lone survivor and Machinarium.I play other genres but since this is forum for adventure games I won’t mention those .

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Raving lunatic - 27 April 2013 12:31 PM

Hello everyone I just joined so I thought it would be nice to introduce myself first.

I am PC only gamer and my favorite game is The longest journey, with Riven and Monkey island coming little behind it.From more recent games my favorites are Sam and Max series, Lone survivor and Machinarium.I play other genres but since this is forum for adventure games I won’t mention those .

Welcome, another lunatic for the madhouse.

Adventure Talk is a given, but feel free to join us in the General forum to talk about the other genres if you like.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

Hi everyone

Just found the introductory area, after having already posted Wink

Well, what can I say. My favorite games on the PC have always been adventures games like Indy 4, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle and monkey Island. That was back in the days… Then I shifted more towards consoles, Playstation, Gamecube etc. so in the end, though I played a lot of good games on the consoles,I missed out on some really cool adventures on the PC I guess. Planning to get a new PC soon, however, and revisit some of the games I missed .

Happy to be here!

Greetz

DrJones

Sega does what Nintendon’t

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Welcome to the forums Dr Jones!

Well worth checking in with a PC for some serious adventure gaming goodness. If you haven’t already checked them out try Steam and GOG.com for some decent adventure games.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

Yep, I will! Heard good things about GoG and Steam. Still, I always prefer having the original games, with box and manual.. hard to get them to run on modern PCs however, not to mention that they are difficult to find nowadays.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome!

DrJones - 30 April 2013 03:06 AM

Still, I always prefer having the original games, with box and manual.. hard to get them to run on modern PCs however, not to mention that they are difficult to find nowadays.

Or they haven’t even been made in the first place. A lot of games these days are download-only.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

That’s true. I do, however, prefer the classics. Especially Sierra games are among my all-time favourites!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-05-02

PM

Hi, another newbie here. Sam and Max and Monkey Island were a huge part of my childhood and I never stopped loving adventure games. I’m looking forward to meeting some other adventure fans on here.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top