• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gotta watch the Lastest Updates

Speechless Gasp just beautiful

Taco Nova lol

Also

The 2 Guys had Posted this 8 hour ago

SpaceVenture backers that backed at a level high enough to receive GoG credits should have gotten and email from us. Be sure to check your spam/junkmail folders!

i received mine (the email) Wink what about you?

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Don’t we already have a thread for this?

The game looks great, but it also looks waaaay behind schedule, which has me pretty worried in light of their very limited budget. Hopefully I’m wrong about that.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Frogacuda - 23 April 2013 07:06 PM

Don’t we already have a thread for this?

Yea but that thread we have was about the Kickstarter launch not about the Game and the current updates.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I still don’t get what is up with the first 50 seconds or so of that video. What were they thinking there?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Something tells me they have been influenced by Telltale a LOT. Not as if that would be a bad thing, of course.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 24 April 2013 03:40 AM

Something tells me they have been influenced by Telltale a LOT. Not as if that would be a bad thing, of course.

Influenced by them in what respect?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Quest1 - 24 April 2013 03:48 AM
Zifnab - 24 April 2013 03:40 AM

Influenced by them in what respect?

The screens in the video. They don’t exactly look like Space Quest.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m honestly having a bit hard time of being that exited about SpaceVenture at the moment, as that teaser trailer doesn’t show that much progress and the Insider site hasn’t had an update since February. Where I’m standing they’ve dropped the ball and should hurry in picking it up.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 24 April 2013 03:59 AM

The screens in the video. They don’t exactly look like Space Quest.

Yeah, that’s true.

Honestly, if this video is seen as highlighting of a year’s worth of work, I’m starting to doubt they will be able get the whole thing done by even a year from now.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

I have faith in these guys. I’m sure they know what they’re doing. Between them they have 60 years experience in the games industry. What’s more while Mark has been working steadily all that time, Scott (due to issues beyond his control) hasn’t worked in over 10 years so this is really important to him. This is pretty much his last chance to do what he loves and prove that he can.
They are not going to blow the money in some amateur way, they’ve worked long enough to make every penny count. These guys are pros and I know they’ll get this right and on budget. Have a little faith guys

And Quest1 weren’t you JUST apologizing to someone else for comments you made about their kickstarter? You’re incorrigible!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

afterglow2001 - 24 April 2013 07:46 AM

And Quest1 weren’t you JUST apologizing to someone else for comments you made about their kickstarter? You’re incorrigible!

What??  Gasp I wasn’t disparaging anyone’s Kickstarter. I had concerns about a certain developer’s possible involvement in a certain project, but I wish everyone nothing but the best. I just have some concerns here and there. Hopefully everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about regarding SpaceVenture.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Someone said it doesn’t look like Space Quest.

Well, they’re not making Space Quest - but I think the backgrounds DO have that Mark Crowe-Space Quest-y feel to them.

Ace’s walk animation looks great - Rooter’s transformation animations look great.

Always remember, there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes of any game, and what one shows is generally a very small amount of what’s being worked on.

I think this game is going to be a very fun game to play.  I know, we’re all excited for all these games, but it does take time, for sure.

Bt

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It doesn’t look like Space Quest, but it feels like Space Quest.

I’m actually very happy with this project apart from the aforementioned concerns about their rate of progress. I like the new character and don’t mind the shift away from Roger, and the art style seems to fit with the slapstick tone of the SQ series. The models and animation are much better than I was expecting, too.

Quest1 - 24 April 2013 04:14 AM

Honestly, if this video is seen as highlighting of a year’s worth of work, I’m starting to doubt they will be able get the whole thing done by even a year from now.

If they took another year, I wouldn’t even mind, but my worry is that they won’t be able to get it done before their money runs out. Which is probably sooner than that.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

Quest1 - 24 April 2013 07:54 AM
afterglow2001 - 24 April 2013 07:46 AM

What??  Gasp I wasn’t disparaging anyone’s Kickstarter. I had concerns about a certain developer’s possible involvement in a certain project, but I wish everyone nothing but the best. I just have some concerns here and there. Hopefully everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about regarding SpaceVenture.

Relax, Quest1. I’m just playing with ya! Smile

OT Why Columbo? Are you aware it means I read every post of yours in Peter Falk’s craggy voice? “Just one more thing Phoenix…”

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Umm.. I’m confused. Is this the same update video as the previous one?

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Siddhi - 26 April 2013 02:59 PM

Umm.. I’m confused. Is this the same update video as the previous one?

The one and only update video they’ve done so far, yes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top