• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Can we get rid of tongue lady already?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Seriously.

This has to be the ugliest, second most obnoxious ad ever (the most obnoxious being the animated version). And it breaks the layout on iPad, which is ironic for an ad for iPad games. Also, it’s dishonest, which makes the site look bad.

And did I mention it’s fucking ugly and obnoxious?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Are you offering to pay the site’s expenses personally in lieu of ad revenue? If not, it’ll come down when it’s time and not before.

But you already knew that before complaining anyway.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Does that ad only show when browsing the site on an iPad? Because I’ve never seen it before…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jackal - 20 April 2013 07:18 PM

Are you offering to pay the site’s expenses personally in lieu of ad revenue?

If you ever do a Kickstarter like Penny Arcade did, I will pledge.

I’m not against ads in general (I disable my ad blocker on AGs), but that one is awful and irritating. Every time I see that woman sticking her tongue out at me, I have an urge to bomb Pendulo’s offices, not buy their stupid game. How someone managed to get paid to come up with it is beyond me.

Anyway, yeah, I’m mostly just venting. It beats throwing something at my monitor.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 20 April 2013 08:04 PM

Does that ad only show when browsing the site on an iPad? Because I’ve never seen it before…

No, I have it on my desktop computer as well. It might by US/NA only.

(It doesn’t even show properly on iPad. It breaks the page layout, but doesn’t get displayed fully.)

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Oh it is kind of cute! Crazy

“Nobody murdered me. Or put me in a potato. Or fed me to birds. I had a pretty good life.”

GLaDOS

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 April 2013 03:37 PM

This has to be the ugliest, second most obnoxious ad ever (the most obnoxious being the animated version).

Déjà vu.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 21 April 2013 05:47 AM

Déjà vu.

You didn’t click that “animated version” link, did you? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 20 April 2013 07:18 PM

Are you offering to pay the site’s expenses personally in lieu of ad revenue? If not, it’ll come down when it’s time and not before.

LOL
Epic!

Nothing Intended Kuru i just Laughed until my eyes were both wet !!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hmm - no matter how much i try, i really can’t see any problems with that add, perhaps it is because it is taken out of context?
I guess you will hate this

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top