• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

Kurufinwe - 19 May 2012 04:02 PM

I cannot stress enough how annoying it is that the forum software does not remember where I left off in each individual thread. I can’t even begin to understand how you can not have seen this as a deal-breaker.

I whole-heartedly second this.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Just thought I’d point out that Escape from Monkey Island wasn’t released for the Gameboy Advance. Wink

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It was released for the PS2 though.  Cool

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Angry When I quoted Dusty’s post above with the same reply it claimed it was potentially spam and rejected it.

Your spam filter is a bit over zealous. Pan

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I posted this in the Welcome Back thread, but I’ll say it again.  Thanks for the link to the Mac games.

So far everything is running smoothly for me.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Still a lot sinking in, some minor issues I’ve already forgotten about and a lot I’ve just not gotten used to, but there’s one issue that affects the smoothness of usage a lot. In the past you always had the “post reply” button visible even when you were logged off, so you could click that and log in and get to post. Now, you’re somewhere down on the page, you need to go back up, log in, be thrown back into the main view and find the thread again and only then get to post.

So, that actually has a lot of issues (not just regarding the “post reply” button, but in general the fact that if you’re “deep in the forums”, it’s a bit of work to log in)

Also, as I’m posting now I remember, I wish the “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” was turned off as default. I really don’t want that kind of spam in my email when I miss unchecking that by accident…

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

UPtimist - 20 May 2012 01:02 PM

Also, as I’m posting now I remember, I wish the “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” was turned off as default. I really don’t want that kind of spam in my email when I miss unchecking that by accident…

I think if you go to http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/member/edit_email and uncheck the 3rd box, it should do what you want (at least, it does for me).

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I cannot stress enough how annoying it is that the forum software does not remember where I left off in each individual thread. I can’t even begin to understand how you can not have seen this as a deal-breaker.

Are you sure there isn’t a way to add this functionality? As much as I hate to say this, it’s a deal-breaker for me personally. It makes following the threads almost unbearable.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 May 2012 09:55 AM

I know I’m repeating myself, but I’m curious that nobody else has posted about this: am I the only one who can’t see the smileys? That is, in people’s posts (or mine), I see words between colons, not actual pictures.

Test:  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Spam  Pan  Heart

Am I the only with this problem?

I also don’t see the smileys.

Smile :frown:
Smile  Meh  Foot in mouth  Gasp Money Mouth  Mini Frown  Confused Neutral  Mini Smile  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

And another thingy which is unrelated to the smileys: quotes don’t have the convenient link to the quoted post in them anymore. I liked that feature, but maybe I am alone in that?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just noticed that you can’t see the previous posts (or at least I couldn’t) if you click ‘post reply’ which has all the features - smileys, spoiler tags etc but I can see the posts now on ‘fast reply’ which doesn’t have the features. If you want to respond to a few posts with smileys etc it makes it easier to be able to refer to them by scrolling down the posts - am I doing something wrong or is there another way?

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 May 2012 01:07 PM
UPtimist - 20 May 2012 01:02 PM

I think if you go to http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/member/edit_email and uncheck the 3rd box, it should do what you want (at least, it does for me).

I’ve unchecked that box and I’m still getting email notifications. Confused

Also, can you multi-quote? I’m not seeing an option…

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

harald - 20 May 2012 01:17 PM

Are you sure there isn’t a way to add this functionality? As much as I hate to say this, it’s a deal-breaker for me personally. It makes following the threads almost unbearable.

This is currently my biggest gripe. It’s hard to follow a discussion when you first have to examine which posts you already read. Strange that, as smooth as the site has become, the forums seem to make an evolution to the contrary.

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

DustyShinigami - 20 May 2012 02:06 PM

Also, can you multi-quote? I’m not seeing an option…

I can’t find any such option either. Embarassed

I’m not too happy about the new set of smileys I’m afraid.  Thumbs Up
I was hoping for a bigger variety instead of a bunch of smileys looking very much alike in colour and feature.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Lucien21 - 20 May 2012 11:36 AM

Angry When I quoted Dusty’s post above with the same reply it claimed it was potentially spam and rejected it.

Your spam filter is a bit over zealous. Pan

Oh God, the spam filter is like a bad Little Britain sketch:

“Computer says your input might be spam, so it is discarded.”

It might as well just say “Computer says no” Shifty Eyed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top