• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there are several threads about the game kickstarter but not about the Game itself that i noticed ,and as its expected within the next weeks or even days (maybe).

i will start with the screens that had been posted/revealed so far, anyone has more stuff/news Please let it show.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/games/view_screenshots/21844

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I really like the environment art. The characters shown earlier, however, I don’t really dig the look of, which is a shame. I’ll probably still buy the game, though. Will it be released for other platforms than pc?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 04 April 2013 06:43 PM

I really like the environment art. The characters shown earlier, however, I don’t really dig the look of, which is a shame. I’ll probably still buy the game, though. Will it be released for other platforms than pc?

Mac, iOS and Android according to the kickstarter I think.

It looks great.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 04 April 2013 06:43 PM

Will it be released for other platforms than pc?

yes but there are issues with the Voice acting feature ..may this explain:

The PC/Mac/Linux version of the game all feature the fully voiced audio but mobile versions – for iOS, Android, Blackberry,and even Ouya – will not. This is in part a logistical concern.

Paul Trowe explains“We figured a way to keep the price down on [mobile platforms] would be to not include the voices, but we may do [them] as a separate in-app purchase that plugs in. The game by itself is [1GB] and the voices are another [1GB]. It’s because there’s so much! We have over 3,500 lines of narrator alone, plus Larry doubles that, and then the other… characters that are in the game have dialogue also,” he says, adding, “It wouldn’t keep the cost down. It’s just that… we can’t charge $19.99. We won’t sell any copies. We’ve got to sell it for something within the [typical] price range that people are used to buying.”

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, the mermaid and moose made me laugh. And so did Caesar’s Palace Phallus (although that last one isn’t very subtle)... Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 04 April 2013 06:59 PM

Paul Trowe explains“We figured a way to keep the price down on [mobile platforms] would be to not include the voices, but we may do [them] as a separate in-app purchase that plugs in. The game by itself is [1GB] and the voices are another [1GB]. It’s because there’s so much! We have over 3,500 lines of narrator alone, plus Larry doubles that, and then the other… characters that are in the game have dialogue also,” he says, adding, “It wouldn’t keep the cost down. It’s just that… we can’t charge $19.99. We won’t sell any copies. We’ve got to sell it for something within the [typical] price range that people are used to buying.”

Yep, this game is getting the full Josh Mandel writing treatment, which means all kinds of unique, clever, fun narrator responses for almost any action you try. The script is going to be WAY more robust than the original.

I’m going to be playing this on a mobile device, and I *absolutely* will be downloading the voices separately, if that’s what I need to do. They add so much to the experience. If it means I have to clear off everything else on my smartphone so there’s room, then so be it; this is Josh Mandel dialogue we’re talking about.

Right now there are discussions on their forum about which Larry to do next after this one:

https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=855

https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=861

I kinda hope they redo the others in this way before tackling the biggie… the totally new Larry 8, which I think was once tentatively titled Lust in Space.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

lol, on second thought that hooker painting is like a Ren and Stimpy close-up.

Pretty funny to me. Smile

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Quest1 - 05 April 2013 06:42 AM
Advie - 04 April 2013 06:59 PM

Yep, this game is getting the full Josh Mandel writing treatment, which means all kinds of unique, clever, fun narrator responses for almost any action you try. The script is going to be WAY more robust than the original.

I’m going to be playing this on a mobile device, and I *absolutely* will be downloading the voices separately, if that’s what I need to do. They add so much to the experience. If it means I have to clear off everything else on my smartphone so there’s room, then so be it; this is Josh Mandel dialogue we’re talking about.

Right now there are discussions on their forum about which Larry to do next after this one:

https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=855

https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=861

I kinda hope they redo the others in this way before tackling the biggie… the totally new Larry 8, which I think was once tentatively titled Lust in Space.

I think remaking past 3 isn’t necessary. I don’t know how you’d even update LSL7.

Leisure Suit Larry was the only Sierra series to go out on a high note.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 05 April 2013 08:03 AM

I think remaking past 3 isn’t necessary. I don’t know how you’d even update LSL7.

I agree.

I really love Larry 7. Honestly, I think it’s my favorite adventure game. Yes, even beating Monkey Island and DOTT. It was just so much fun.

I hope Larry 8 or another one of the “Reloaded” games brings back the text parser option. I loved how it was combined with the point-and-click interface in Larry 7. It opens up so many more options.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t see the point remakig past 3 either. LSL 7 would be entirely pointless remake, as the art, voices and music already work vey well in it. Only reason for remake would be high resolution graphics and more platforms, but other than that, there’s nothing I’d change about it. Same goes for LSL6. LSL5 might be a tad too simple and easy game as such, but it hasn’t aged that badly either.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Frogacuda - 05 April 2013 08:03 AM

Well yes, if you ignore the following series:
Police Quest
Gabriel Knight
Dr. Brain
Laura Bow
EcoQuest
Mixed Up
Shivers

About the Larry remakes, the only necessary ones are 2 and 3. The first game was remade perfectly adequately years ago.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think the high note for Police Quest depends on if you count PQ: SWAT as a part of core games or not. PQ4 was a travesty of a game. I’d count that among Sierras worst.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Was it? I thought it was rather good, or at least as good as the other instalments. Wasn’t a huge fan of the series anyway.

And if you include SWAT, you’d also have to include LSL: Magna Cum Laude, so the whole “high note” thing would be a bit pointless.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Now that’s a pleasant surprise. After the rough start, it looks like LSL is shaping up to be a great remake, well worth of another playthrough.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

For me, a big benefit of the remakes is making them available on more platforms and accessible to more people. It’s not just because *I* personally would enjoy the new hi res graphics, etc. (which I would). There are some younger players out there who would, sadly, never consider playing an adventure game with very outdated/pixelated graphics. And I want these classic games (and Leisure Suit Larry is a bonafide classic) to be experienced by as many new people as possible. In one sense, adventure game series remain alive only insofar as new players are continuing to discover and enjoy them. Expanding the fan base is enough motivation for me to support more “Reloaded” versions.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Quest1 - 05 April 2013 08:41 AM

For me, a big benefit of the remakes is making them available on more platforms and accessible to more people. It’s not just because *I* personally would enjoy the new hi res graphics, etc. (which I would). There are some younger players out there who would, sadly, never consider playing an adventure game with very outdated/pixelated graphics. And I want these classic games (and Leisure Suit Larry is a bonafide classic) to be experienced by as many new people as possible. In one sense, adventure game series remain alive only insofar as new players are continuing to discover and enjoy them. Expanding the fan base is enough motivation for me to support more “Reloaded” versions.

At the same time, by doing a remake every year you also run the risk of burning people out on the series before it comes time for a new one. You need to figure out just how many remakes to do before it’s time for a new one.

Doing a new one next is probably ideal timing-wise, but if they wait until after 3, maybe they’ll have more money to invest in it. Going all the way to 7 seems unwise to me, especially because they get more and more expensive as the series goes on. Even LSL2 is going to need well over twice the budget in terms of locations and art, and I guarantee it won’t make twice the returns.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top