• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Cat Lady runs very slow

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Hi, I recently got The Cat Lady and since it’s an indy, AGS based game I was pretty confident that it would run on my laptop, I didn’t even tried the demo. But for some reason it runs very slow. I tried changing the settings in the setup but nothing works, it only runs slower. I also tried to do some research but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I highly doubt that it has to do with system requirements, since the game doesn’t even require a graphics card and my laptop is not that old (2010), plus I have been able to play other AGS based games like Gemini Rue or the Blackwell games. Is there anyone that also had problems with this game or other AGS based games that can help me. Thanksss

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

probably the best thing you can do is try to update your drivers and directx.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-05-08

PM

Hi, I know the frustration! Here’s what worked instantly for me, when nothing else did: control panel- system and security- find and fix problems- check for performance issues- start system configuration- then, uncheck suspicious-looking programs (in my case it was just one program, the name of which was just a jumble of letters and numbers with an ‘unknown’ manufacturer). Having removed that program [there are some wonderful people around…] from automatically starting up, no problems with the speed of the game.  Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top