• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Memoria (Chains of Satinav 2)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’d rather if it was The Whispered World 2 Grin but oh, well…

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/18/deponia-dev-announces-pc-adventure-game-memoria-for-q3-release/

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

These shots looks worse than Satinav which is unacceptable.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

.... so this project will end up being called the day of the raven ?!

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

It’s concept art. Who knows what the finished game will look like, but it looks OK to me. The art isn’t the part I’m worried about.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I hope they’ll have better animation this time. Satinavs character animation is a bit rigid.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Gabe - 18 March 2013 08:47 AM

Wha..what? To my eyes those backgrounds looks just as good as those in Chains, if not better, which means they look bloody fantastic! You may need to rub those stains off of your glasses Tongue Looking at these shots I immediately wanted to sit down and paint.

Great news by the way, Diego. Though the incredibly uninspired voice acting of Satinav dragged the whole experience down, it was still an enjoyable game. Let’s hope there a little more money in the budget for voices this time around. Anyway, looking forward to this sequel Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

im excited, i wasnt sure if this was received well enough to get a sequel. I really liked chains of satinav and it showed how awesome pen & paper fantasy can mesh with point & click adventure.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Dag - 18 March 2013 11:39 AM

Though the incredibly uninspired voice acting of Satinav dragged the whole experience down, it was still an enjoyable game.

voiceacting is one of those things.. if you take 5 different people and ask them whats good voiceacting, you’ll get 5 different answers. But i must say, i *loved* the voice of nuri in chains of satinav. To me she did a perfect job of sounding like the naive playful whimsical fae.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

The left side picture took my breath for a sec too and I also hoped that there is new story in The Whispered World universe. And then I read the press release. Anyway, I’m excited.

Speaking of production values - I expect step up, as Deponia series supposedly put Daedalic into a bit better situation financially. Smile

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

zane - 18 March 2013 01:14 PM
Dag - 18 March 2013 11:39 AM

Though the incredibly uninspired voice acting of Satinav dragged the whole experience down, it was still an enjoyable game.

voiceacting is one of those things.. if you take 5 different people and ask them whats good voiceacting, you’ll get 5 different answers. But i must say, i *loved* the voice of nuri in chains of satinav. To me she did a perfect job of sounding like the naive playful whimsical fae.

My main issue was with Geron, who had a voice completely stripped of anything even remotely close to a personality. But I suppose you’re right, Nuri was allright Smile. I guess the bad animation of the characters during dialogues helped form my impression aswell.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Dag - 18 March 2013 03:02 PM

My main issue was with Geron, who had a voice completely stripped of anything even remotely close to a personality. But I suppose you’re right, Nuri was allright Smile. I guess the bad animation of the characters during dialogues helped form my impression aswell.

Oh, that’s not fair. Geron did have a personality - that of a teenager who was sulky because he wasn’t allowed out to see his favorite emo-rock band Embarassed

No really, I didn’t mind the game. Not the best writing, but it was a nice escapist fantasy without too much dark stuff.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Interesting that Daedalic’s games often have controversial protagonists.

Sadwick - lovable or miserable?
Rufus - amusing or annoying?
Geron - dull or…dull?

Haven’t played Satinav. I’d like to sometime, though.

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Gabe - 18 March 2013 08:47 AM

I disagree. I think those look way better.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

inm8#2 - 18 March 2013 05:09 PM

Interesting that Daedalic’s games often have controversial protagonists.

Sadwick - lovable or miserable?
Rufus - amusing or annoying?
Geron - dull or…dull?

Haven’t played Satinav. I’d like to sometime, though.

Well, I think Sadwick was quite lovable in fact, depressed and down-facing, sure, but lovable. Rufus was more annoying type to me. Geron… oh god, he has to be the most dull character ever created. He’s so completely who-cares type that i’ve lost all my intrest towards him in the game. I really couldn’t care less if he hanged himself from the tree. In fact, that would only have a positive effect on the game.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

inm8#2 - 18 March 2013 05:09 PM

Geron - dull or…dull?

Hahaha Grin Thanks inmate, that gave me a real lol-moment Smile

One can call Sadwick and Rufus this and that, but atleast they had personalities Smile

lewuz - 18 March 2013 02:01 PM

The left side picture took my breath for a sec too

Same here, it’s stunning! And now my new screensaver Smile

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Kind of wished the first game was patched so it didn’t run like shit on my computer.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top