• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

i don’t remember the name of this game

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-16

PM

hi guy, i’m new in this great forum Laughing

I’m sure you know… what’s the name of this game???

thank you so much Wink

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-16

PM

great Smile

thanks

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Oooh, it looks lovely!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

I’m always curious how someone can have a screenshot, but not know what game it’s from. Where did you get the screenshot from, didn’t the website say what game it was? To me, this kind of thing always looks like someone is trying to get us to answer a quiz question for them.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I remember seeing this screenshot many, many years ago, and I immediately wanted to play the game, but couldn’t find it anywhere. Is it any good? Recently there was an RPG called Fable 3, does that have anything to do with this game, or is it something entirely different?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

PolloDiablo - 17 March 2013 11:58 AM

I’m always curious how someone can have a screenshot, but not know what game it’s from.

That’s a valid point Wink, but couple of times when I was gathering various adventure game screenshots for some reason, I would leave the file name as it was, like - 13434.jpg Grin Later, that didn’t help me once I forgot where I’ve found the screenshot. Tongue

Dag - 17 March 2013 12:05 PM

IIs it any good?

It has nothing to do with the RPG Fable. It’s a lighthearted fantasy point&click;. I really need to finish it one day, but I’d say it deserves a try - it’s charming and I think not that hard and demanding, perfect for a quick old-school “snack”.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Allright, thanks Diego Smile Anyone got an idea where one might find the game today? I can only seem to find the RPG’s of the same name. And does it run on modern computers?

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

There’s ten available on GameTZ http://gametz.com/Games/PC/Fable.html and some of them are willing to sell.
Alternatively, if you’re not a collector and don’t care about boxes and manuals (the Fable box is very nice!), I could send you my extra jewel case only copy. PM if interested.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

diego - 17 March 2013 12:23 PM

That’s a valid point Wink, but couple of times when I was gathering various adventure game screenshots for some reason, I would leave the file name as it was, like - 13434.jpg Grin Later, that didn’t help me once I forgot where I’ve found the screenshot. Tongue

I see how that could happen, but now with Google Image Search, you can very easily look it up. Entering the Fable screenshot immediately identifies the game.

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

After a brisk nap - 18 March 2013 03:48 AM
diego - 17 March 2013 12:23 PM

I see how that could happen, but now with Google Image Search, you can very easily look it up. Entering the Fable screenshot immediately identifies the game.

Or tineye (http://www.tineye.com)

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I gave this one 3½ stars in my own review. It’s written in finnish, but here’s some key points, pros and cons:

+ Outstanding graphics!
+ Good story and atmosphere
+ Technically solid game
+ Quality writing, good dialoque
+ Good Animations
+ Not too short

- Some interface nuisances
- Voice acting is quite mediocre at times
- No subtitles for intro or epiloque
- Occational death scenarios without autosave

Someone asked will it run on modern computers. Well the sraight answer is a definite no. BUT-answer includes something like DOSBox or virtual machine-solutions Smile I’ve always played these old clickers with autentic oldschool computer (I have that kind of machine wired up just for old games Wink)

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Well, I do have my old computer with win98 on it, but after Toonstruck became supported by ScummVM, and I managed to get Duckman to run in safemode+virtual-xp-mode, there were no longer any games that I struggled to run on my “new” computer (except for Orion Burger), so I’ve stowed it away down in the basement. But I guess I still have that option, should everything else fail Smile

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I recently tried installing Fable on my Virtual PC’s Win 98 and I couldn’t make it work flawlessly - either the videos wouldn’t play or the in-game mouse cursor was messed up, depending on whether I turned a seemingly irrelevant VPC option on or off. Luckily, the game installs in both Windows and DOS (even if the Win version supposedly has better graphics) so DOSBox should be an option, even if there are alarmingly many threads on VOGONS about making it work in DOSBox.

I gave up on the whole ordeal. I will go back to it and figure it out some day…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top