• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Guess who?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien -

You know, you could do another one. Lots of FMV adventures you didn’t use.

Well, here’s another one. Tongue (and there’re STILL a lot of adventures I didn’t use) Sure, not all these titles are full FMVs, but what the heck! 

The Script: Due to popular demand, please guess by PM only like in previous quizzes by chrissie&HandsFree;! Feel free to send as many PM’s, but I’m not giving points for: “Number 16 is a Carol Reed game!” (that’s exactly why Bigge isn’t (unjustly) again featured in the quiz. Grin)

Program Schedule: The quiz will run until Wednesday, March 20th (first day of spring! yay!) 9:00 pm (CET)

Friday, Saturday, Sunday (15th, 16th, 17th) - “All you can guess!” days. No hints here.
Monday, Tuesday (18th, 19th) - “Hint days” festival. I’ll give mild hints on Monday, and some more obvious hints on Tuesday for unguessed pics.
Wednesday (20th) - Final day, Oscars, The Closing Ceremony and after-party!

Behind the Scenes: You’ll find that some of the games in this quiz already featured in 4 previous FMV quizzes - FMV quiz, FMV Quiz: People, FMV Quiz: Vamp or Vampire? and FMV Oasis quiz, but some didn’t. Also, the same game can appear more than once in the quiz.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nice quiz.

Hey, I recognise some of these. My favo(u)rite is #58 .

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It looks good, Diego.  Do you just want the names of the games or the characters’ names as well?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Lovely quiz, Diego! My beloved FMV. I’m shocked, once again, at how few pics I recognize at first glance. Faces should be easy, right?  But I’m going to give my best shot.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Aw, guessing by PM is no fun (I like being wrong, and others being wrong). And I don’t know if someone else has guessed something already.

Still, impressive quiz, quizmaster diego Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks, everyone! As for the list of guesses, there will be a daily update showing number of guesses for each of the pics, for example:

1. Two right guesses
2. One right guess
3. No guesses
etc.

and on Wednesday I’ll rank players by correct guesses, and of course, reveal the answers.

Lady Kestrel - 15 March 2013 04:53 PM

Do you just want the names of the games or the characters’ names as well?

Just the names of the games is enough!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 15 March 2013 06:20 PM

there will be a daily update showing number of guesses for each of the pics, (I won’t tell you who guessed what)

Smart move. You won’t believe how many times I guessed a game in a PM quiz simply by seeing who had already guessed it (and knowing their preferences).

P.S. Even a number of people who guessed a game is a giveaway: whenever there’s a crowd of people who have guessed something you know it must be a well-known game (not an obscure one). The more popular the game - the bigger the number of correct guesses.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Excellent quiz diego!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I was thinking that guessing by PM wasn’t very fun either. I like seeing what everyone guesses, and then I know if it is already used. I think it takes away some of the “competitiveness” of the quiz, IMO.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 15 March 2013 06:27 PM

P.S. Even a number of people who guessed a game is a giveaway: whenever there’s a crowd of people who have guessed something you know it must be a well-known game (not an obscure one). The more popular the game - the bigger the number of correct guesses.

^ This.
Not knowing is more difficult. And perhaps more fun. Tongue

mbday630 - 15 March 2013 07:38 PM

I was thinking that guessing by PM wasn’t very fun either.

It’s a lot better than having to be the fastest, and seeing the quiz end in a few hours. Usually by the time I get to participate, all the screens I recognized have already been guessed.
The PM system allows me to play the quiz proper. Plus I get to spend more time doing research for screenshots, which has actually improved my overall adventure game knowledge.
PM quizzes all the way for me! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Diego, I’m confused. Are you going to reply to PMs, so that we know which guesses are correct?

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 15 March 2013 05:56 PM

Aw, guessing by PM is no fun (I like being wrong, and others being wrong).

I agree, none-PM quizzes have its advantages (just like PM quizzes have its own) and I’ll continue to do those also

Fien - 15 March 2013 08:51 PM

Are you going to reply to PMs, so that we know which guesses are correct?

Yess! Tongue (quizmasters have to sleep, also Smile)

zobraks - 15 March 2013 06:27 PM

Even a number of people who guessed a game is a giveaway: whenever there’s a crowd of people who have guessed something you know it must be a well-known game (not an obscure one).

Then, you can just look at it like a hotspot-highlighter in an adventure game - if you don’t wanna use it, just don’t look at the list. Tongue

TimovieMan - 15 March 2013 08:29 PM

Not knowing is more difficult. And perhaps more fun. Tongue

Ok, those are already two votes against the “guessing tracker”. Fine with me, less work to do. Grin But I think the players still need an information about which games are unguessed yet, because either way I’ll give hints for those on Monday/Tuesday. What everyone says?

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I want a guessing-tracker! I want a guessing-tracker! Don’t pay any attention to Zobraks, he’ll end as one of the top guessers whatever you decide. But it makes a lot of difference for Fien’s fuzzy memory.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The quiz would be more fun without the guessing tracker (I’m only human and I would check the GT if you post it) and without hints, but you’re the boss; it’s your quiz, you should make the rules, not “cater to the small elite” (as a friend of mine once put it).

P.S. I already guessed Fien’s favo(u)rites featuring in this quiz , so the GT won’t do the trick for me (at list not when Fien is concerned).

P.P.S. “First-come, first-served” quizzes are way much better for padding one’s post count.
PM quizzes suck in this regard.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 16 March 2013 06:08 AM

P.S. I already guessed Fien’s favo(u)rites featuring in this quiz, so the GT won’t do the trick for me (at list not when Fien is concerned).

You have no idea how much this annoyed me. Not kidding.

BTW, I’m still impatiently awaiting YOUR first quiz, Mr. Zobraks.

PS: And how do you know you haven’t missed one or two screenshots, hm? A game can feature more than once in this quiz.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 16 March 2013 06:08 AM

you should make the rules, not “cater to the small elite”

I’m not catering to the small elite - I’m catering to the wish of my contestants. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top