• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I searched for an article on AG but didn’t see one.

Anyway, here’s the facebook announcement.

It appears to be a spiritual successor, not a direct sequel.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

This could be beyond awesome.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I don’t normally back much on Kickstarter, but I’d be hard pressed to resist this.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

YES! Wonderful news! Didn’t read anything about it being a Kickstarter project though.

Cool  Heart  Cool

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

No, neither did I. I’m just saying that if it DID become a Kickstarter, I would likely support it, even though I don’t usually do so.

If they just put it out, all I’ll have to do is buy it. Grin

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Outstanding. And the most beautiful part - the composer of a brilliant original score will also work on this one.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m PSYCHED. I hope this becomes a huge success, and we then also get a spiritual successor to Skullmonkeys Grin

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I said I was going to stop with adventure Kickstarts until some of them actually came out, but if this showed up, it would be an insta-back. Hopefully they have funding, though.

The Neverhood wasn’t even that great in terms of game design, but it’s just such an incredibly unique, funny, and charming piece of audiovisual art.

It’s also pretty much the last remaining old-school adventure series/creator I’ve been hoping to see come back. It pretty much completes my dream line-up.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Soon as I saw the thread name, I couldn’t help but smile

Kickstarter or not I can’t wait!

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

wow. now I’m excited

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

That would be the day… great day i mean Tongue

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2013-03-08

PM

This is great news, and I think a spiritual successor may be preferable to a direct sequel. One of the great things about the Neverhood was that it was so unique. A direct sequel probably just wouldn’t be as unique anymore as a sequel is usually to a large extent more of the same. I’m hoping they will keep everything that was great about the original: good use of claymation, great music, humour, etc. and still somehow make it sufficiently different that it seems new and fresh rather than just another Neverhood game. Even if it’s almost exactly like the original, just with a new story, I expect a great game though.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

So this has an official title: Armikrog

I’m glad they went with a title that is catchy and easy to remember and not just a string of random syllables.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Army Grog?
Sounds potent. Thumbs Up

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Doug TenNapel has some very backwards and reprehensible views on certain things and hence I have no desire to give him any financial support whatsoever for anything he creates.

The only way I would play this game is if I could acquire it without him getting a single penny from me (e.g. purchased second hand).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top