• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down (update: Al Lowe’s okay with it)

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

Doing a search for “Jiminy Drambuie” “paul trowe” on google I also see that he left a comment on Replay Games’ facebook page:
https://www.google.com/search?q=“Jiminy+Drambuie”+“paul+trowe”

I can’t find the comment on the facebook page itself though and only on google.

Even if they are two separate guys, it’s clear that they know each other and the whole thing is so unbelievably childish I can’t even express it into words.

EDIT: Found the exact comment:
http://www.facebook.com/replaygames/posts/253375651426280

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

I’d say we should call him out on it, but I imagine the whole thing would probably be more destructive than simply ignoring his comments.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

In the spaceventure kickstarter gamespygeek says

I don’t know who the heck this guy Chris Pope is, but I believe in Scott & Mark and their ability to make a game after all these years. I originally dropped my pledge to $1.00 because of the technical screw ups but I don’t think that’s The Two Guys’s fault…I blame that on the Chris guy…he’s leading this effort.

while paul trowe earlier said

Ask them why they didn’t join up with the folks at Replay Games to create Sierra 2.0 and instead chose some guy they’ve never heard of, Chris Pope, to run a company they don’t own.

It obvious Paul feels annoyed that the two guys didnt join replay games, is upset they teamed up with chris pope instead, and is out trolling them (or getting his friends to do so) on their kickstarter page

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

This is incredibly suspicious. Based on the evidence thus far, my money is on Paul Trowe / Gamespygeek / Jiminy Drambuie all being the same person.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-06-05

PM

I found this too the other day and have been collecting more evidence.

For example contrast those comments to Gamespygeek’s comments on the Leisure Suit Larry campaign:

I went to their website and sent an email through the contact us page and asked how much it cost to get LSL away from the big publishers they couldnt tell me cause it was confidential but they did say it cost more than the $500k they’re asking for but they have 12 months to pay it back so they hope they sell more than $1mm worth of sales to make up for it cause it’s a huge huge gamble for them. LSL FTW!!!

$75 to be a beta tester? Ummm…yes. I have no idea how much they pay their people, but somebody has to manage all those beta testers, input the bugs, keep track of them, collect input, ideas, etc. Maybe if you had like 10 beta testers you could manage that but when Diablo III opened up their game to beta testing they disclosed that they had a team of twenty (20) people managing that process. Granted it’s bigger than LSL but I think it’s obvious that it costs money to open up a beta program and in this case, it’s probably not in their best interests.

Hey AvidGamer, if you don’t want to buy the project, don’t freakin buy it. If all you did was contribute the least amount possible so you can rant and rave then do us all a favor and STFU. This isn’t a platform for you to get up on your soapbox and bitch.

The difference is clear.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

some interesting research by MIXNMOJO commenter “AstronautDown” revealed that the myspace account gamespygeek has been deleted…

http://mixnmojo.com/news/Is-Paul-Trowe-of-Replay-Sabotaging-Other-Kickstarters

The plot thickens…

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2012-06-05

PM

I took a screenshot of the Myspace page before it was removed:

Edit: Here’s all the posts made by Gamespygeek on SpaceVenture and Leisure Suit Larry projects:

http://pastebin.com/APpNyyPZ

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s disappointing to see this. I knew Trowe was flaky but I really hate dick moves like this.

It’s one thing to have criticisms over how SpaceVenture was managed. It’s another to sabotage the Kickstarter because of petty politics and then claim you’ve been buddy-buddy with Scott Murphy since 1995.

If anything, it’s a reckless move because if SpaceVenture now fails, Trowe will share some of the blame. Disappointing.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

metafx can you elaborate a little on the law adventures of the two guys you mentioned on MOJO?is there an article or sth about that?

because if so then there are more and more evidence piling up about Trowe and either he is really crooked or he is the most unfortunate flaky guy ever.

EDIT:i found this Trowe wants all Sierra Alumni projects

Joined 2012-06-05

PM

jhetfield21 - 05 June 2012 01:44 PM

metafx can you elaborate a little on the law adventures of the two guys you mentioned on MOJO?is there an article or sth about that?

because if so then there are more and more evidence piling up about Trowe and either he is really crooked or he is the most unfortunate flaky guy ever.

EDIT:i found this Trowe wants all Sierra Alumni projects

Correct, I was mentioning articles like that. In fact if you look on the Leisure Suit Larry reloaded Kickstater page, the FAQ still says:

“I love the Sierra classics!! Can you bring back King’s Quest, Space Quest, or Police Quest?
Our good friends over at Tell Tale have licensed King’s Quest from Activision.  If we do our job right then maybe, just MAYBE we’ll be able to partner with them and ruinite the Space Quest team, King’s Quest team (go Roberta!!!!) and Police Quest team for re-makes or new versions of those (Space Quest 7 anybody?).”

I think it’s abundantly clear it was Replay game’s intention to get Space Quest for themselves, create a kind of Sierra 2.0 under the rule of Paul Trowe.

But then reading threads like this http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/topic/286-controversy-paul-trowe-on-the-two-guys/ makes me understand why at least the Two Guys weren’t so keen on that vision.

Also seeing that Ken and Roberta WIlliams have only come in support of SpaceVenture and not Larry, I think Al Lowe is pretty much the only one still interested in partnering with Trowe.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well the vision itself is great but the guy behind it is a douche(reputedly).

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

All this makes me wonder why Al Lowe is working with Paul Trowe. I don’t know enough but Paul seems…odd and unprofessional. Maybe it’s the “-owe” and the end of the last name that really impressed Al.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

who knows…...i think Al likes his involvement in projects like this.he might claim retirement so that people don’t rush him but i think he likes what he does and reconsiders his retirement every so often(SamSuede and now).

unless…..has anyone heard if the remakes are gonna have any different parts?are they gonna be the same as the old ones or slightly fixed versions of the old ones with better graphics?could Al want to make any corrections to his old creations….things that he now sees with all that experience of his? because let’s face it merely having updated graphics and compatibility isn’t reason enough to approach him.(although it is a major boost to the campaign if Al’s good name is on the sales pitch Wink ).

on a different note:
Steve Ince talks about SS

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

inm8#2 - 05 June 2012 02:57 PM

All this makes me wonder why Al Lowe is working with Paul Trowe. I don’t know enough but Paul seems…odd and unprofessional. Maybe it’s the “-owe” and the end of the last name that really impressed Al.

Seems like it didn’t impress Mark Crowe Smile

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

No one should even be considering phoning Paul Trowe.  You may not like what he’s doing, but none of us have any business harassing the man personally.  Leave it be.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top